John Textor

The mouths all claimed them Americans were buying Everton.

Moshiri bought us the next day.

So aye, nobody really knows.

If he wanted to mate he could buy us with loans on the stadium.

Didn't he buy Lyon for 600/700m the other year?

I'm sure he could buy us if he wanted to.

A lot of debt and other people's money in that Lyon bid. He wants to build a business through debt and then take the company public.

It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that Textor and “a financing deal for the stadium” would mean a sale and leaseback of the completed stadium. He sells the freehold for £xm which he uses to complete the purchase of the club, its assets and liabilities and Everton are granted a long lease at an annual rent.
Short term; new stadium, debts paid down, influx of cash for players. Ok.
Medium to long term; No significant assets. Very bad.
Not saying anything like this is in the pipeline but it remains an option as he hasn’t got the dough and he wouldn’t be the first owner to buy a leading club with other people’s money and load it with liabilities (albeit different liabilities to the ones that currently exist).
As stated by me earlier, he did sell Lyons ground albeit to the long time family ownership (they'd had it 37 years) so into safe hands.

Btw, I'd be very worried about losing Glasner to us mate, Textor is on record about being a long time admirer of him and looks like you aren't backing him in any substantial way - plus that short term contract is not good for you.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back