John Textor

Nothing. But you didn't leave it at that. You said it won't happen. Its a waste of time dealing with him. He doesn't have a buyer for his shares etc. etc. etc. and other unfounded hysterical nonsense. You're all in though at this stage.

Again what is controversial with saying it won't happen until he sells his Crystal Palace shares, of which there is zero evidence he is able to do?

I'll wait.

It can't happen until he sells his Crystal Palace shares. 🤷‍♂️

What's controversial about that?

The rules say so.

Taking the personalities out of it for a minute.

The most important thing for Everton in this next step is securing a decent interest rate so that all of this stadium related debt can be bundled up into one long term, low interest debt.

The stuff about refinancing of the stadium I believe will be exactly that, all of the debt paid off by new loans at much lower interest consolidated against the stadium - but with only Textor as the lendee, in the past at Lyon he actually used something like 9 seoerrate banks for loans to finance it. Can see similar here.

Last edited:
Again what is controversial with saying it won't happen until he sells his Crystal Palace shares, of which there is zero evidence he is able to do?

I'll wait.

You had utterly no idea if he already has a buyer lined up though mate, you do also realise that it's not customary when selling shares to keep the public - ie us lot, informed about whose interested and those in negotiations.

Also, yes he can buy the club whilst still holding his palace shares, not sure why you think he can't, what he can't do is have the deal ratified by the premier league until he has offloaded them, but that isn't an instant decision anyways so he'd have time to do it before the decision anyways.

Unless I'm mistaken and you do have the faintest clue about how deals of these magnitudes actually occur. Which you frankly don't.

With the collapse of friedkin's group, there was a complete lack of information about any other interested parties. (Certainly not like it was when 777 collapsed)
If Texter walks away from these negotitions as well, considering how enthusiastic he appears to want to own us, then i really cant see any hope of us selling to anyone.
I think he is our only saviour right now.

excuse me if this is a really silly question but does any potential buyer for his Palace shares have to go through the same owners and directors test he'd have to go through for us, or would they not because they aren't acquiring a controlling share?

excuse me if this is a really silly question but does any potential buyer for his Palace shares have to go through the same owners and directors test he'd have to go through for us, or would they not because they aren't acquiring a controlling share?

Believe they have to do so if the share percentage is over a certain amount - 30% if memory serves.

Moshiri had already undergone the test btw as he on paper anyway owned 30% of Arsenal. If you remember it went through very quickly when he bought us.

I'll wait.
How is there zero evidence when it’s been widely reported that he’s turned down a get-your-money-back bid from the other major shareholders there? He’s unsurprisingly keen to make as big a profit on his shares as possible, but if there are no other takers he knows he can do a baseline deal at any moment he wants - and it’s that fact that is allowing him to pursue us. And, if I was him, I’d continue to try and get a better price for those Palace shares right until the moment I was certain I was going to need it to spend elsewhere.

How do this take over work. Because haven't the rules changes so that you cant have leveraged buyouts. Doesnt that mean Textor cant buy Everton by taking out a loan. If that is the case and buying Everton essentially means buying the debt and paying nothing to Moshiri then doesn't that mean he has to pay off the loans but without taking out a loan himself?

How is there zero evidence when it’s been widely reported that he’s turned down a get-your-money-back bid from the other major shareholders there? He’s unsurprisingly keen to make as big a profit on his shares as possible, but if there are no other takers he knows he can do a baseline deal at any moment he wants - and it’s that fact that is allowing him to pursue us. And, if I was him, I’d continue to try and get a better price for those Palace shares right until the moment I was certain I was going to need it to spend elsewhere.
This makes the most sense.

I'll wait.
The evidence he can sell his shares is that we are prepared to talk to him and he is talking to us.

You are also being unreasonable because the only type of evidence you are willing to accept as a counter argument won't exist in this situation because of commercial confidentiality.

You can always ask as an outsider about any purchaser where is the evidence they are able to complete the transaction? Guess what, the evidence is that the parties are still talking. That's the best you can get without being involved in the process and privy to inside information. You're changing your argument to save face now because you know you overreached and look silly.

The evidence he can sell his shares is that we are prepared to talk to him and he is talking to us.

You are also being unreasonable because the only type of evidence you are willing to accept as a counter argument won't exist in this situation because of commercial confidentiality.

You can always ask as an outsider about any purchaser where is the evidence they are able to complete the transaction? Guess what, the evidence is that the parties are still talking. That's the best you can get without being involved in the process and privy to inside information. You're changing your argument to save face now because you know you overreached and look silly.

You think I'm being "unreasonable". Merely because I'm raising a point you don't want to hear about

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back