John Textor

Lads does anyone know if he has to sell his Palace shares before he buys us? I’ve been trying to see if it’s been mentioned on here at any point but I can’t see anything.
He doesn’t. He can put them in to trust whenever he wants which financially means he no worst off and he’s not then in charge of Palace.

He won’t be the first multi club owner, owning a premier league club, to do this.

He doesn’t. He can put them in to trust whenever he wants which financially means he no worst off and he’s not then in charge of Palace.

He won’t be the first multi club owner, owning a premier league club, to do this.
This has n`t been done between two teams in the same league I think, certainly not the PL. I think I read somewhere that PL rules say you can only have shares in one club in the league.

What is the general opinion on him, hadn't really the time to follow..

From what I've gathered he's liked at Palace but apparently he's late on payments there recently and Lyon have had some financial troubles of late which is cause for caution with him.

He still does have the almighty pull of not being Farhad Moshiri though.

Doesn't have to can set them aside in a seperate fund for someone else to run, ie he son
as long as he has no influence on the running of Palace, votes ect.
Has to prove there is no link between the two.
Looks like that's what may be happening., gives him time to sell those shares and buy Everton.

If it takes him a while to be able to prove that, will we not be under a transfer embargo until then?

My gut instinct tells me he’s not Moshiri so therefore I want him in asap and this hell to come to an end.
And that's why we need to do our due dilligence here and get the best owner - not jumping out of the frying pan into yet another frying pan.

The life cycle of an owner is more than a player or a manager, five years minimum.

If we get bought by another cowboy, that's another very lengthy spell of pain.

It's very important to get this right.

You think I'm being "unreasonable". Merely because I'm raising a point you don't want to hear about
You’re not listening pal. We know your point and accept it as a factual statement. It had been made before and everyone is aware but if you feel the need to repeat it ad nauseum then crack on. You do you. But don’t play the Barry on here by making unwarranted assumptions and get pissy when people call you out on it.

The stuff about refinancing of the stadium I believe will be exactly that, all of the debt paid off by new loans at much lower interest consolidated against the stadium - but with only Textor as the lendee, in the past at Lyon he actually used something like 9 seoerrate banks for loans to finance it. Can see similar here.
That and the r&m loan to be paid back at a smaller rate.
With the collapse of friedkin's group, there was a complete lack of information about any other interested parties. (Certainly not like it was when 777 collapsed)
If Texter walks away from these negotitions as well, considering how enthusiastic he appears to want to own us, then i really cant see any hope of us selling to anyone.
I think he is our only saviour right now.
If that did happen would be TFG unless moshiri pays back the money i am sure they get control if not paid back

And that's why we need to do our due dilligence here and get the best owner - not jumping out of the frying pan into yet another frying pan.

The life cycle of an owner is more than a player or a manager, five years minimum.

If we get bought by another cowboy, that's another very lengthy spell of pain.

It's very important to get this right.
Buddy...Moshiri is doing "our due diligence not fans or anyone else at the club.

We've got no chance.

If he had his way we'd have a baseball capped Ghoul in the stands selling all of our playing assets.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back