John Textor

Moshiri was a minority owner at a Premier League club and no one would have questioned him when he came in.

Well "no one" anyone would bloody listen to anyway. There were people pointing out that his business background appeared to be exclusively for organizations many people consider organized crime (because they are associated with rogue "bad actor" nation states with a documented history of criminality).

His association with Usmanov was considered a huge problem by anyone with a functional brain. We were shouted down by people who appear to conflate what they *want* the world to be like with what it's actually like. It was obvious Usmanov was going to get huge pushback from the five eyes and it would hurt his businesses in those nations. As it did. The fact England did a bunch of bad stuff abroad years ago appeared to not factor into things in any way whatsoever, despite it frequently being offered as a response from critics of the so-called "Russo-phobic" Evertonians. "Think England and the US are so innocent?" ... "What does the UK care about US elections anyway?" Indeed. How'd that work out?

Textor doesn't have these red flags. Despite many UK based fans historical objections to "Americans" ... and don't get me wrong, any billionaire is going to be a scumbag on some level ... the average American billionaire is less of a criminal than the average Russian or Iranian billionaire. Americans can become billionaires in different ways -- in Russia or Iran you only get that rich through Putin or the dear leaders. That's just reality. So they are ALL literal criminals. Americans might have just sold a product and sure, illegally broken strikes and unions and done a whole bunch of scummery, but it's not necessarily take a knee for a dictator, do/profit from their dirty work (murder the competition), "defenestration level" with every single one as it is in Russia.

If he and Moshiri agree, I think only a third party (TFG?) could prevent it in terms of the making an offer. It’s curious there no statement/confirmation that there is an exclusivity agreement in place.
at least someone is thinking logically like i said earlier this isn’t out the equation at all

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back