Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

John Textor

is ok to feel positive or negative on textor takeover, is good to see both sides. Is still alot of work to be done for him to finish it, we have already seen two takeovers fail. I would not he shocked if this fails again

I'm after what is best for Everton

I don't give the fans "credit" because look at the state of this thread the past two or three pages.

Speaks for itself.
But you’ve just said that the club takes notice what we post on fans forums like these, so you don’t give other fans credit for what they post but you expect the club to read what you post?

Wasted 8 years of our lives

Further to the 20 years of wasted lives due to Bill Kenwright and the "cronyism" you mention

If it had been me investing the money that was put into Everton there is no way we would have been wasting money like we did or putting ourselves in the position we have been placed

Why any potential owner needs to be what is best for Everton. Also not on the basis of a couple of PR pieces and press statements.

The big building sitting by the Mersey disagrees. Success is also not guaranteed, if it were why have Newcastle having reached the promised land fallen further away since?

We look at Villa and the success they have had, well he tried to employ the exact same people, they just didn't want to come at that time. We can look to other sliding doors moments under Moshiri, Giroud pulling out of a deal because his wife didn't want to move up here - he would have made a world of difference in that post Lukaku era. Zidane calling time at RM which meant we lost Ancelotti one season earlier than we should have. That team was two players short of being a really, really good side, yet we weren't allowed to kick on. Chelsea never had that problem in the noughties, City never had it in I'm the 2010's. They kept on replacing players until they were good enough to have the CL money each year, to have the sponsorship and far east money.

Moshiri got a lot wrong, but so did those other clubs, they were able to spend their way out of it. We were just at the wrong time when the cartel was already strong enough to block any more interlopers, aided by a war that crippled us financially whilst trying to build a new stadium.

I've also heard a lot that Moshiri didn't have a plan, well he did and that plan was to pump Usmanov's money in until we were able to stabilise. Unfortunately that rug was pulled out from underneath us.

With all the money and resources that have been used

The only thing that has undermined it all is idiotic bad judgement

It was more than that too. He has been involved or somwe thought with Arsenal. He came with a tick from David Dein. I think most reasonable onlookers would have felt he was a strong choice. I'm not sure there's any shame in that.

We all thought Moshiri would be great.

He would have been if he did what most were saying.

Change the board/cronyism that infested the club.

Allow professionals to do their job.

Often felt if he got Monchi as he initially wanted whether we'd be in another place but now think no matter who was in place he'd have meddled.
Think monchi would have walked six months in

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back