Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughes is turning like his players - full of ego because of the riches THEIR bosses have given them.

Hughes has an air of pomposity around him now. He thinks everyone is jealous of them, and him, so they will complain because they've never played at a high level like he has as a player, or able to spend as much as he can.

What he said there is pretty much "We'll, I havent done anything wrong and because I havent done things the way you (aka Moyes) have liked, you're jealous because I can and chase whoever I want"

Add it to the list of -
Shay Given "WE are the team to beat"
Toure "We will win the league"
Bellamy "We'll be in the champions league next year, will win the league in a few, guarranteed"
Adabeyor "They said we cant get players of my calibre"
Barry "I didnt come for the money..."

Look, they've got money...but they're going to look VERY stupid on the back of the hype they've built by themselves if it doesnt come of.[/QUOTE]

and IF it does come off ?

Hughes is turning like his players - full of ego because of the riches THEIR bosses have given them.

Hughes has an air of pomposity around him now. He thinks everyone is jealous of them, and him, so they will complain because they've never played at a high level like he has as a player, or able to spend as much as he can.

What he said there is pretty much "We'll, I havent done anything wrong and because I havent done things the way you (aka Moyes) have liked, you're jealous because I can and chase whoever I want"

Add it to the list of -
Bellamy "We'll be in the champions league next year, will win the league in a few, guarranteed"

Look, they've got money...but they're going to look VERY stupid on the back of the hype they've built by themselves if it doesnt come of.[/QUOTE]

It will mean they will have bought the league like Blackburn all those years ago....Not jealous , just saying(y)

I expect Joelon to hand his transfer request very soon ... "injured" and with big bid coming on soon ... looks a lot like the situation with Alsonso across the park.

Hes a bad ted Mark Hughes not likeing how he pursues players, how quickly he forgot what it was like being Blackburn boss.

Should we tell him hes digging his own career grave? Nah me either!

Think people should get alittle bit of perspective here . City are an average size club thats just come into the money . They are like the bloke whos lived next door to his far better off neighbours for years , watching them come home from work in 911"s & Aston Martins and take luxury holidays to places he could only dream off . Until one day he wins a shitload of money and his luck changes . He then ( Like alot of us would ) acts like a complete tw*t for 12 months until he learns to use his money with a touch of class .

They remind me of a council estate street urchin whos been given 100,000 grand ....it wouldnt be pretty .

Its just something they have to go through until they learn how to conduct themselves with a bit of class .

Waiting for someone to come. But what if they don't? We have to stop waiting. We need to start figuring things out. And God knows how long we're going to be here.

Sounds more like Waiting for Godot.

Waiting for Lescott by Samuel Beckett, the story of two tramps named Dave and Goat who spend all their time waiting by a lone tree on Stanley Park for the reassurance that The Joleon will be coming soon. He's never far away but never actually arrives. Instead a aged defender (Pozzo, veteran from Sampdoria, aged 37, on a free) comes on stage with his agent Lucky Stretford who carries a large picnic hamper full of out-of-date lira notes.

Nothing happens.

I'll get me coat...

No offence intended about the tramps reference Mikel and Dave, it's all a (rather weak) joke...

Add it to the list of -

£200million well spent. But they'll always be egotistical and arrogant before they've even kicked a ball.

I dont think he has handed in a transfer request, if he had I think he would have gone by now, like Rooney, Barmby, Speed and the others before him.

This story is just lazy journalism, there are not many real stories around, so they moake some stuff up and it bounces all over the web.

Notice that in these stories never have quotes from real people or any actual evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back