Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree mate you should get as much as you can.

It's not like you cant afford it

I dont want him to go, but if all the money goes to Moyes, then there's no point keeping him here against his wishes. All he's doing is upsetting a fair few people, and maybe even alienating his friends. Will he enjoy the same status at City as he gets here? I doubt it. But if that's what he wants...

It's not like you cant afford it

I dont want him to go, but if all the money goes to Moyes, then there's no point keeping him here against his wishes. All he's doing is upsetting a fair few people, and maybe even alienating his friends. Will he enjoy the same status at City as he gets here? I doubt it. But if that's what he wants...

probably he would mate to be honest,for some reason us city fans love a good centreback and normally they are held in cult status.

maybe its because over the years they get plenty of practice lol

probably he would mate to be honest,for some reason us city fans love a good centreback and normally they are held in cult status.

maybe its because over the years they get plenty of practice lol

Maybe

But above the likes of Tevez and Adebayor? Dont think so.

I fear his form will drop if he doesn't have Jagielka playing beside him, those two were formidable, but Lescott doesn't play as well without him, or someone of a similar style, i'm not sure Toure is the ideal partner for him.

Anyways if he goes he, all we can do is wish him well for the future (or not as the case may be)

"Bought" the League????? So, are you saying Man Utd and Liverpool won 18 apiece just through homegrown talent and hard graft? So noble of them not to "buy" the League, eh?

No, not really. If you know your football history Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool have always been built on success, they're more famous for what they've won than who they bought.

With success brings financial reward. It just so happens that in the modern game where winnings have increased those 3 have won silverware over the years that have added to their wealth so they're able to afford excessive transfer fees/wages.

Liverpool, Man Utd, and Arsenal are where they are today from foundations built from decades of being successful. Not adding to the fact that during the modern game football clubs have been branded and are run and mass global businesses where the more success you have, the more revenue comes in.

The reason why Chelsea are where they are now is mainly down to how they spent a [Poor language removed] load and reaped a reward. They are labelled a "£ig Clu£" in the Sky Sports monopoly "big 4" due the main factors of Champions League exposure (its all about Champions League and nothing else nowdays), and winning the odd few trophies in the modern game.

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd are the most successful clubs in English football and you could say their financial success has been earned.

Chelsea's, and what is going to be Citeh's eventually, success will always be seen as being bought rather than earned.

I wouldn't trust any journos on this deal at all.

Until I see that Everton have CONFIRMED that Lescott handed in a transfer request or that they CONFIRMED that a bid has been accepted, then it's all rubbish. Every bit of it.

"Bought" the League????? So, are you saying Man Utd and Liverpool won 18 apiece just through homegrown talent and hard graft? So noble of them not to "buy" the League, eh?

Didn't Man United win like 10 of those titles with a team of kids who came through their academy, mixed with seasoned pros they bought for pittance (and in Cantona's case a steal).

They have since been able to become one of the big financial powers in the game because their perfect storm of talent created a dynasty where they sweeped everyone aside.

Compare > Manchester City, who were 10 years ago in the third tier of English football.

puppetmastermoyes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back