Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you hate the guy? When money like thats been thrown around ofcourse a players going to accept it. Its setting them up for life.

Plus, he's never pulled a Rooney and proclaimed to be a devoted Evertonian or anything along those lines.

He's done a brilliant job for us and with this money that we'll get from his sale may be exactly what the club needs to step up another level - similar to how the Rooney money was key in getting us to where we are now from generally hovering not far above the relegation zone.

If I'm being honest, I don't think he was all that special last season - it was the one before when he was playing on the left that he scored twice as many goals that were so important to us...

Back then, he and Cahill were about our only threat in the air at set-pieces, now with Fellaini, Rodwell, Jo, Saha and probably Senderos also adding aerial ability to the team, his absence in the opposition's box won't be felt as badly.

Plus, for me, Jagielka and Howard are the key men at the back, with Baines coming on strongly last season and Neville doing an efficient job, I feel that with Yobo / Senderos / whomever thrown in with them, that we'll still be just as solid defensively.

Only problem now is that we're in need of a back-up left back as well as a right back now - cheeky bid for John O'Shea anyone?!...

Plus, he's never pulled a Rooney and proclaimed to be a devoted Evertonian or anything along those lines.

He's done a brilliant job for us and with this money that we'll get from his sale may be exactly what the club needs to step up another level - similar to how the Rooney money was key in getting us to where we are now from generally hovering not far above the relegation zone.

If I'm being honest, I don't think he was all that special last season - it was the one before when he was playing on the left that he scored twice as many goals that were so important to us...

Back then, he and Cahill were about our only threat in the air at set-pieces, now with Fellaini, Rodwell, Jo, Saha and probably Senderos also adding aerial ability to the team, his absence in the opposition's box won't be felt as badly.

Plus, for me, Jagielka and Howard are the key men at the back, with Baines coming on strongly last season and Neville doing an efficient job, I feel that with Yobo / Senderos / whomever thrown in with them, that we'll still be just as solid defensively.

Only problem now is that we're in need of a back-up left back as well as a right back now - cheeky bid for John O'Shea anyone?!...
I agree with most of what you're saying, who wouldn't like to be paid twice as much?

Lescott didn't impress me last season as well, he started to play ok because Jags was f**king brilliant.

Yobo will not be a step down and the money the sale of Lescott would generate can be put to good use.

I actually rate Senderos as well, he is one of those kind of players who might just have lost his course a bit, and Moyes is brilliant at getting players like that back on track.

Use the money to get Hutton and Defour and I think our squad is better than last season.

nice to see we are at least appearing to play hard ball with lescott !!so to speak take no ...t dave get what we want or its a no go.as for mu and the rs buying the leagues at the time, every team thats ever won the leauge has brought in who they think will do the job,i seem to remember mu buy any one who had 2 good games in a row in the 80's to try to break the merseyside domination of football and a again inthe 90's ie paul ince even now the team that plays regular is full of 15-30 mill players and the r/s is not far behind on that score

If Lescott goes and we get £25m+ for him, you'd wonder how much we'd get for Jagielka. In a way, it's almost a blessing in disguise that he's injured at the moment. There's no doubt in my mind who the better centre half is.

The same story now in the Post.
Liverpool Daily Post.co.uk - Everton FC - Everton FC News - Everton's Joleon Lescott asks for transfer but David Moyes says no
I actually think Lescott is having a hard time making this choice, otherwise surely he'd have gone with a written transfer request ready. I won't hold any grudges now the price is going to be decent. I doubt any player in his position would turn these wages down.

This situation still benefits us in terms of bargaining and I hope we reject the next offer too if it's under 25 million. We've named a price, City and Lescott might think it's high but he is important to us in an area we are already shorthanded and they are a direct rival in terms of ambition (ie want top4 probably get Europa). Sorry Manc Shieks and Shiekettes but it should cost you through the nose for a very good pro, decent fella too but hardly a world beater.

I couldnt sleep last night worrying about losing Lescott but this morning I feel slightly better about it.

As some of you say, Jags is our key man (maybe he's next when he's fit ?) and £20m for a guy who cost as a small wedge is good business.

I also cant blame the lad, lets face it he's not going to win the league here anytime soon, he's going to set himself and his family up for life and perhaps have a shot at some sliverware also.

If he turns it down he's always going to be unsettled and thinking, if only, or what if.

Not a single quote anywhere. Just words from scum journos with egg on their shirts sitting at their desks scratching their bollocks.

*We* never learn do we?

Not a single quote anywhere. Just words from scum journos with egg on their shirts sitting at their desks scratching their bollocks.

*We* never learn do we?

Had a look on a few other forums. Lescott is getting ripped to shreds and yet he hasnt even opened his mouth. People are so easy to believe the lies the press produce.

I hope he does leave now. He would be better off at a Club that cares. We clearly dont give a shiit. Joke football club, will not be getting another penny of my money whilst the current board is in charge.

Papers have said all summer that Lescott will leave for ManC "soon" and that he has given Moyes a transfer request. So far this season he has only missed one preseasongame and have shown no inclination to leave. This is just papers wanting to sell more and therefore they continue to push this and print things that they think are real.

I was nervous when I saw that he missed the last game due to injury, but that fear is starting to lessen and now I'm not so afraid anymore that he'll leave.

Oh my god.

Had my breakfast now, feel a bit better. Im ready to maintain the happy clappy everything is going to be alright united front.

Just want to say 1 thing tho. I said at the start he would stay if the club showed him any ambition, sadly we have failed to do that. If he leaves, he leaves with my blessing. I really wouldnt blame him.

YouTube - Bob Marley-"three little birds"

Dont worry about a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin: dont worry about a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right!

Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,
See Joao Moutinho
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back