Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think his main motivation is money.

I'd like to think that but sadly I dont think so.

If it was me I'd stay at Everton. But I'm a staunch Evertonian. Lescott isn't. He's just a player, and will go to whoever wants to pay him the most.

Unless he actually has a degree of loyalty in him

We should be expecting Man City's renewed bid in two-and-a-half hours or so. Currently in Salt Lake City, the time is 06:35 which may be the reason City have yet to make their second approach. Things could then get interesting!

I guess as City haven't actually put a 2nd bid in , that we could ignore the speculation just like any other .
Would love it if Madrid suddenly put a bid in though , which would shut the City fans up for a while .

No one can say what they would do in his shoes, unless it actually happened to them.

100k a week, i think he will go and i think 99% of players today would do the same.

You dont think the City executive chairman using a public platform to highlight why a player (expressly not for sale by his present club ) is wanted by Mark Hughes doesn't constitute aggression against Everton and the national body should ignore it?

It would be very weak, they are making bids, even Everton have admitted this I think. If we went to the FA and said City are bidding for 1 our players who they have declared is very good, we would get laughed out of London. And rightly so.

It would be very weak, they are making bids, even Everton have admitted this I think. If we went to the FA and said City are bidding for 1 our players who they have declared is very good, we would get laughed out of London. And rightly so.

Yes, I'm sure it'd be a fruitless pursuit if you were looking for a charge. But the very act of reporting City would end this affair stone dead. That was my point really. Everyone is looking for Lescott to end it, but the club have it within their power (if they were seriously turning City down rather than looking to hike the price up) to make this go away.

Every player has a price n I reckon 25m will be accepted, no matter how badly we want him to stay. I am sure it has been said before , but how many of us wouldn't be turned by wages of 100+/week opportunity. Money talks and always will.

Yes, I'm sure it'd be a fruitless pursuit if you were looking for a charge. But the very act of reporting City would end this affair stone dead. That was my point really. Everyone is looking for Lescott to end it, but the club have it within their power (if they were seriously turning City down rather than looking to hike the price up) to make this go away.

The Club are seeing how far they will go really. If they start getting silly, it will make Moyes think about it, thats for sure. Lescott is not going to say no once Everton accept an offer.

To me all this talk in the paper of Hughes wanting Lescott and they keep putting bids in is IMO tantamount to tapping up.

I am also with Neiler on this about Lescott going, I can see no matter who comes in, our defence falling apart, compared to how well it did last year. We have still not done anything about the right hand side.

I also wonder at City's tactics leaving it so late, is that to screw us so we wont be a threat to them next season?

Anyone else starting to develop a real dislike for Manchester City ? I dont like their style when it comes to disrupting players they would like the services of . I realise its par for the course but there are ways of doing it well and City are not playing ball . I dont remember Chelsea acting in this manner . Not looking forward to there sure to be tedious chants next season either judging by their " We"ll buy your ground then we"ll burn it down " chant as they strolled around Goodison last season .

onouha has just agreed a new 5 year deal at city - doubtful he'll be part of any offer according to SSN.

I'd take 25 mil for lescott - hes good and id like him to stay but at the same time, every player has their price.

onouha has just agreed a new 5 year deal at city - doubtful he'll be part of any offer according to SSN.

I'd take 25 mil for lescott - hes good and id like him to stay but at the same time, every player has their price.

Dam right ! Seriously 20 million for Lescott ? ! WTF ! We would be MAD to turn that down .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back