Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dam right ! Seriously 20 million for Lescott ? ! WTF ! We would be MAD to turn that down .

20 million for lescott is not that much. kyle naughton and kyle walker went for 11 million.

the transfer market is screwed. just as it's city we should hold out for 32 million. and free petrol for the team bus for a year.

Dam right ! Seriously 20 million for Lescott ? ! WTF ! We would be MAD to turn that down .

Initially, I thought the same, but unless we can significantly improve the side with £20m, we would be mad to accept.

Could we get a solid centre back and left back cover and then have change to improve the squad for £20m?

Thats what it would take - otherwise giving a a settled, solid player to a league rival wouldn't be in our interests.

Initially, I thought the same, but unless we can significantly improve the side with £20m, we would be mad to accept.

Could we get a solid centre back and left back cover and then have change to improve the squad for £20m?

Thats what it would take - otherwise giving a a settled, solid player to a league rival wouldn't be in our interests.

21 then.

This all day ^^^^^^^^

Intresting Chico . I understand Evertonians being cagey about letting Lescott go because of the glaring hole it would leave . BUT I honestly believe Moyes would come good with the cash available . Ive siad it before and I have not changed my mind in the respect that Lescott is anything but irreplaceable . He is not worth 20/25 million and I am sure we wouldnt get this chance to recieve such a windfall for him again should we let this golden chance slip .

The market is vastly inflated as proved by the £11m that Spurs played for 2 players with 42 games in The Championship. We would need a CB, LB and plus ANOTHER Defender that Moyes has said we need. We would be left with less talented players and £5m in our pocket, I suppose from a business side its great turning a £15m profit on a player, but from a team building point of view its pointless.

We already have funds, none of which we have managed to spend yet, other clubs would see our windfall and an extra 2-3 Million goes on the top.

Lescott must not be sold, if it comes to the point that City over us anything beginning with £3x in it, my view may change, but anything below £30m is not worthwhile.

Intresting Chico . I understand Evertonians being cagey about letting Lescott go because of the glaring hole it would leave . BUT I honestly believe Moyes would come good with the cash available . Ive siad it before and I have not changed my mind in the respect that Lescott is anything but irreplaceable . He is not worth 20/25 million and I am sure we wouldnt get this chance to recieve such a windfall for him again should we let this golden chance slip .

I dont know mate, I dont reckon he's as good as twenty odd million but what is twenty odd million now. He's our best centre half but he is very good in two positions so we'd have to not only replace him but get cover for Baines as Valente has left now.
With a suitable replacement being say Hangeland, valued at 12 million, that leaves you eight for a replacement. Not much change to really improve the team, never mind the squad, and being stuck in fifth for the last two seasons were looking to improve the team really - not only the squad.

Plus the fact that everyone would know we've got 20 million so clubs would put 25% on the price if we took interest in one of their players.

Best keeping him then really.

The market is vastly inflated as proved by the £11m that Spurs played for 2 players with 42 games in The Championship. We would need a CB, LB and plus ANOTHER Defender that Moyes has said we need. We would be left with less talented players and £5m in our pocket, I suppose from a business side its great turning a £15m profit on a player, but from a team building point of view its pointless.

We already have funds, none of which we have managed to spend yet, other clubs would see our windfall and an extra 2-3 Million goes on the top.

Lescott must not be sold, if it comes to the point that City over us anything beginning with £3x in it, my view may change, but anything below £30m is not worthwhile.

Thats uncanny that.

We agree on something, mad.

Take note gentlemen, a piece of GOT history has been written.

And, TBF, if we could get another Centre back who could also play left back, we dont need 2 players in.

Chiellini?:unsure::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back