Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only way he is going is if he personally hands in a transfer request. I think also that the prices of transfer's so far this silly season have helped our cause of keeping him here. However they have all the money in the world but Moyes is a sensible and smart manager, he'd know that he could get around $25 mil for Lescott if worse came to worse and we had to sell.

Personally if he does and wants to go, then id let him, at the correct price of course. I think that $25 million would be a great injection to revamp the squad. Where and who its spent on is a different story, but with Moyes eye's i reckon he could get 3 young talented players.

However i want the saga to be over, its reminding me of the Ronald - Madrid story last year. If he doesnt go now i predict he will go in January. I just want it done so we can move on and concentrate on who is coming in and the upcoming season.

Last edited by a moderator:
:o

I thought we where doing it the Arsenal way?

Did you? I would have liked Arshavein it has to be said.

The Mirror reckons Joleen wants to walk, i dont see how they could know so quickly with him on lockdown in the US.

Should be intresting to see if he plays tonight or will he pick up a niggle in training.

Last edited:
Yeah I've just read that too Neiler. Like you say there's nothing new in it. It's a blog, the title even says it's in the Mirror "Opinion" section and next to a picture of the smiling self-confessed kopite sports editor (n)

He'll be gotten by City for a steal and the club will have their get out clause comment - or half a comment - from Lescott outlining that he thinks it would be best for all parties if he went to City and Everton got the right price so they can re-invest in the squad. It's the Everton Way. We are a selling club. Stability my arse. They'd even sicken someone like Neiler.

What would you count as being a steal Davek? I doubt we'll accept less than 20mill straight cash in all honesty and that's hardly a steal.

In this market it's not a great price either. They want him desperately and for once we are in a good bargaining position. Do you think if this lad played for Chelsea he'd be going for anything less than silly money?

Terry would have been their "marquee" signing. That's probably why the Shieks would authorize an offer so much over his actual value purely as a defender. You say "the current market" but you mean "the current market for players City are interested in" and even then Toure is only going there for 14-15 mill.

We all know we should ring them dry if Lescott says he wants to go. We've had it done to us when going after Mout and Defour, both of whom said they'd come but ended up priced out of a move.

I can tell you're not in the best of moods this morning fella so I'm not going to go after you for what your definition of a selling club is too, but it differs from mine.(y)

If lescott does go, who thinks well be able to buy players?

We've got a few bob in the kitty at the moment and we couldn't lure Gary glitter to a child home never mind a player.

But 15mill for upson or turner would be a bargin I guess.

According to the Echo, Everton will reject the latest offer and will not be bullied into selling Lescott "at any price".

Hmm ... worth pushing for more than 20m anyway ...

Anyone think Moyes will be tempted to sell for twenty five mil? Basically for the kitty and to bring bodies in?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Echo may be correct and Moyes may be determined to keep Lescott, but what if Lescott wants to move? Why cant he just come out and state what his situation is in public then all this speculation and uncertainty will disappear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back