Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember which game it was we played last season - I think it was against Man City. I was listening to it on the Radio and the commentator said "Lescotts got xxxxx in his pocket - we've not seen him all game" I think it was Robinho but don't quote me...

That might explain why Hughes wants him. Not happy about this at all but can't blame him. I had rather thought that the 'once Everton has touched you' thing was at work with the lad. Maybe not.

However - he's not sold yet so there's always hope

Lads, it's been on the radio all night over here (Ireland) that we've enquired about Richard Dunne's availability. Can't say how accurate that is, but I for one don't want Richard Dunne back.

If the club are willing to sell Lescott its the begining of the end for me! May be even if he hands in a tfer request.

I feel the same, especially after Arteta's comments. I said it on another thread a while ago, I am worried about the players that have been playing out of their skins for a couple of seasons, two 5th places, yet we never build on it and kick on.

Arteta, Pienaar, Yakubu are amongst the ones I could see becoming disillusioned if Lescott goes. :(

I really want Lescott to stay, but i have been thinking. If he does join City, will we get all the transfer money straight away or will we allow ourselves to be pissed about with again in much the same way as we were in the Rooney deal? No money in full, no deal is my opinion.

I feel the same, especially after Arteta's comments. I said it on another thread a while ago, I am worried about the players that have been playing out of their skins for a couple of seasons, two 5th places, yet we never build on it and kick on.

Arteta, Pienaar, Yakubu are amongst the ones I could see becoming disillusioned if Lescott goes. :(

Agreed mate Arteta's and Yak's contracts are up for renewal next year, you wouldnt blame them asking questions about the club attempts to sign players, but to see quality players leave is another thing all together.

In fact if your the manager who's put in a decent shift over many seasons slowly building, for one of your top players to be sold (and i dont think that will happen) or want to leave you have to query wheather the club can get were you want it to be. Lets face it clubs will coming knocking for Moyes eventually and he will be forced to ask himself big questions about what is acheivable at Everton, should our players begin and want to leave.

I think Lescott may be the card that brings the whole house crashing down.

Posted via Mobile Device
Would love to share a bunker with you fine gentlemen. If Lescott goes then it will be down to him force the issue. If so, then sound: we'll find someone better. He's not even our best centre half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back