Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughes has long admired Lescott and City are understood to have made contact with the player's representatives several months ago to inform them of their interest. Although Lescott made an indifferent start to last season, and was even dropped at one point, he quickly regained his place and finished the campaign strongly. He has often played for Everton at left-back but Hughes is keen to pair him with Touré at the heart of the City defence.

Hahaha, like them playing up the "He's unsettled at Everton" angle. FFS He started off very ropey last season and was rightfully dropped. But he played a massive chunk of last season at centre half..[Poor language removed] even Jags had to play right back when called on. Add to the fact he got his first England cap AT LEFT BACK dont mean [Poor language removed] being, as of now, Lescott and Jags are the 1st choice centre halves at the club.

Also, he's not going to lose his place being Jags is injured, Yobo ANCing it so do one.....

BUT...bet you a tenner when Toure is bagged, Sparky will be tapping up Lescott no end with the arle "he's international class, we're ambitious, want the top players and he's one of them blah blah" bollocks to the press, guarranteed.

But untill Lescott says he wants out, then hes not goin.

The Scum are now saying Toure is the latest to flee Le Arse and CL footie for the MiddleEastlands cash bonanza. They got him for 14mill apparently and they are sure to come in strongly for Joleon now.

We've got to play hardball. I want to see us say "20 mill plus Onuoha/Richards, all the cash up front and the deal tied up in the next week or you can fook off and go for Upson." Then at least we can get on with strengthening the squad.

The Scum are now saying Toure is the latest to flee Le Arse and CL footie for the MiddleEastlands cash bonanza. They got him for 14mill apparently and they are sure to come in strongly for Joleon now.

We've got to play hardball. I want to see us say "20 mill plus Onuoha/Richards, all the cash up front and the deal tied up in the next week or you can fook off and go for Upson." Then at least we can get on with strengthening the squad.
Yeah!(y)(y)(y)

Manchester City have struck a deal with Arsenal for the £15m signing of defender Kolo Toure, who will double his wages at Eastlands.
Full story: Daily Mail

Toure's departure from Arsenal to Manchester City is set to spark a defender merry-go-round this summer. Joleon Lescott will also move to Eastlands from Everton, with Tottenham's Alan Hutton and City's Nedum Onuoha replacing him at Goodison Park, while Arsenal are to move for Fulham's Brede Hangeland. (Daily Mirror)

It'l be £18mill and Onouah (or whatever his name is). Betcha.

And unless Lescott says "can I have have a word with them boss?" he'll be goin NOWHERE

Even at 20 mill we would still be buggared to fix our defence up. I really think Lescott going would give us many problems. What ever happened to building a team for the future and getting in amongst that [Poor language removed] above us.

I can see no other CB out there which could replace him, it is not for nothing that City are offering so much it is a measure of how highly Hughes rates Lescott. Up there in the top four of CBs in the league.

Unmitigated disaster IMO.

It is a bit late in the transfer window, it we'd have done the deal earlier it would've been alot easier. Obviously that's if we are going to do the deal this time around.

Any deal, in my opinion, should include one of there centre backs. Nedum Onouha, Micah Richards or even Richard Dunne.

I have almost resigned myself to us losing Lescott. Once City bid again, the deal will go through, i can just see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back