Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right well that is Lescott definatly off then, its obvious that we are holding out for a certain amount of money or we would have told City not to come back in their origional offer. Will be sad to see him go, however 20 million plus Onuha wouldn't be the worst deal in the world.

Even at 20 mill we would still be buggared to fix our defence up. I really think Lescott going would give us many problems. What ever happened to building a team for the future and getting in amongst that [Poor language removed] above us.

I can see no other CB out there which could replace him, it is not for nothing that City are offering so much it is a measure of how highly Hughes rates Lescott. Up there in the top four of CBs in the league.

Unmitigated disaster IMO.

He's not up there in the top four CBs in the league at all. Maybe out of the ones they could get he's up there, but there are easily 4 centre backs better than him in the prem.

Ferdinand just about but getting on, Vidic not a lot better, Terry yes but getting on, Carragher never, the others IMO are just about the same.

As for getting them if City can offer 35 mill for Terry none of them are unreachable, just not good enough.

Ferdinand just about but getting on, Vidic not a lot better, Terry yes but getting on, Carragher never, the others IMO are just about the same.

As for getting them if City can offer 35 mill for Terry none of them are unreachable, just not good enough.

Depends how highly you rate Joleon I suppose. For me he's a second-tier player, he wouldn't start ahead of any of the players I've listed there in my opinion.

Losing him would be a blow initially, but it could very easily become a good thing if we got a good deal and Moyes got the players in that he wants.

I always fear how our players react once they break into the England squad. Lineker broke into the England squad more regularly then moved to Barcelona after his one and only season at Goodison. Once Rooney got into the National side, he too got a little big headed and done the dirty on us and now we have Lescott. He wont be moving to City for footballing reason's, it will all be about the money. Instead of showing appreciation to the club that gave him the opportunity to gain England caps, he too looks to be heading out. Maybe i am wrong and he will stay, but i am starting to doubt it.

He will go to City, i don't even have a doubt about that. I just hope we get a hefty fee, and i hope Moyes is allowed to spend ALL of it on new players.
I don't want him or anyone else to leave. It could send out the wrong signs to our better players. I fear when it happens, he could be the first of many to leave. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back