Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Moyes will have instructed a media and mobile phone ban on all our players so this City saga doesn't disrupt our preparations . We need to keep our minds focused on the job at hand , and all this can't be doing anyone any good .

I'm surprised only a £19 mill bid was reported if City want him badly and quickly enough .

I see it as a deliberate ploy to unsettle the squad doing it in drips and drabs , so the club will probably make a counter offer very soon and say put up or shut up , or even better just go away .

If Moyes is prepared to sell , then how high can he hold his nerve before risking City's money goes elsewhere ?

I can't wait to play these guys again .

Looks like its 18million according to this site, also says we'll reject the bid tomorrow

Football365 | All The News | Football News | EVERTON SET TO SNUB NEW LESCOTT BID

From that link:

The Goodison Park club have confirmed that an £18million bid has been received from City, and club sources insist that it will be turned down once chairman and owner Bill Kenwright has informed the rest of the board.

Well the highlighted text makes no sense to me at all. Why wait to turn down the offer until he informs the rest of the board. He could have told them to do one tonight. Everytime you try and make a mathematical answer from Everton, it always never adds up.

From that link:

The Goodison Park club have confirmed that an £18million bid has been received from City, and club sources insist that it will be turned down once chairman and owner Bill Kenwright has informed the rest of the board.

Well the highlighted text makes no sense to me at all. Why wait to turn down the offer until he informs the rest of the board. He could have told them to do one tonight. Everytime you try and make a mathematical answer from Everton, it always never adds up.

my conspiracy is it's the whole board responsible for big desicions..including selling the club

From that link:

personaly i think the board are waiting for lescott to make there mind up for them.

id imagine they want to sell but cant without upsetting moyes.
so they may be praying lescott forces the transfer imo.

then it will be the " we did all we could and didnt want to sell " sob story coupled with the signing of a handful of players with the dosh the transfer brings in ...... the board come out of it smelling of roses and looking like there the hard done by victim , making the player look like the villain in the process.
they would also have the added 'illusion' that they have invested money on transfers , when in fact they wont be investing anything.

I applaud the Club for rejecting the bid out of hand, well done Board and Sir David.

Now what? Will City round it up to £20m? Or will they jump higher? Whats Moyes limit do we think? I think £25m, would make him go hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I would like to see them reject that tho, it would be a tough choice for Moyes tho. Even more so if he has targets lined up.

I applaud the Club for rejecting the bid out of hand, well done Board and Sir David.

Now what? Will City round it up to £20m? Or will they jump higher? Whats Moyes limit do we think? I think £25m, would make him go hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I would like to see them reject that tho, it would be a tough choice for Moyes tho. Even more so if he has targets lined up.

Yeah i agree think 25 million will do it, hope it happens sooner rather than later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back