Joleon Lescott

Sell Lescott?

• Yes, for £18m to £20m - with all money being given to Moyes to spend

Votes: 116 45.0%
  • No way - we must keep him at the club.

Votes: 142 55.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When are Everton going to be bidding for another team's player? Is this it, summer 09 is all about the strung out Lescott affair?

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum has been replaced by the new club motto "Oh Look, Over There!"

what? i've just got over the kyle naughton affair. careful what you wish for!

He's gonna go I recon. Everton are waiting for the bidding to go right up and off he'll go. I dont hear Lescott saying he wants to stay or have I missed something? Also are we gonna have to pay money to Wolves when any deal goes through? Shitty will just keep knockin and knockin till they get what they want like they did with John Terry untill the player makes some statement that he aint going and like I say I dont hear that from Lescott. He'll go and we'll end up with money we cant spend because it'll be too late to sign anyone decent.

He's gonna go I recon. Everton are waiting for the bidding to go right up and off he'll go. I dont hear Lescott saying he wants to stay or have I missed something? Also are we gonna have to pay money to Wolves when any deal goes through? Shitty will just keep knockin and knockin till they get what they want like they did with John Terry untill the player makes some statement that he aint going and like I say I dont hear that from Lescott. He'll go and we'll end up with money we cant spend because it'll be too late to sign anyone decent.

I have'nt heard him saying anything also although certain lads on here claim he said he wants to stay. I say, have Lescott come out in public and say he wants to stay or go, then we can put all this will he, wont he finally behind us!

I have'nt heard him saying anything also although certain lads on here claim he said he wants to stay. I say, have Lescott come out in public and say he wants to stay or go, then we can put all this will he, wont he finally behind us!

Its just unsettling our squad with the new season round the corner mate. We dont need this persistent chasing going on. I know one thing these clowns at Eastlands wont take no for an answer and they'll be back before too long. Come out and say something Lescott and kill it off one way or the other. As far as I know he's said nothing official anywhere so I dont know were these happy to stay rumours have come from. As I say maybe I've missed something.

"I'm an Everton player unless told otherwise" was the only quote I can remember. It was after the Andorra game and lots could have happened in his thinking since then, especially with his agent getting a fat cut of his new earnings. I agree we should say "25 million, all up front or fook off" and not let this drag on. They've already tied the player we wanted up to a new 5 year deal so it's gotta be straight cash.

"I'm an Everton player unless told otherwise" was the only quote I can remember. It was after the Andorra game and lots could have happened in his thinking since then, especially with his agent getting a fat cut of his new earnings. I agree we should say "25 million, all up front or fook off" and not let this drag on. They've already tied the player we wanted up to a new 5 year deal so it's gotta be straight cash.

25m is a fair price and although Moyes says no one is leaving without his say am sure BK's and the rest of the board will be rubbing their hands together at the thought of that much cash coming in. I dont think for a minute that they'd go behing Moysey's back and sell him but I'm sure they'll be trying to put a few words in.

Last edited:
Just read this on Blue Moon... (was bored)

We cant let this turn into a farce ala Terry. He either wants to come or he doesnt. Alonso just put in a transfer request at Liverpool. He has made it clear he wants to leave.

He will now get the move he wants I am certain. I have said this 1000 times - Lescott, be honest, be a man and say publically you want the move, its no good doing it behind closed doors. **** the Everton fans, in the same boat they would do exactly the same thing as would most of us. If hes scared of Moyes hes a fool.

If this deal does not happen now it will be because the player has not publically agitated for it and thats his call.

We all know its about money but also he lives in Hale South Manchester already, his kid is settled in school in Wilmslow (I know goes to school with my mates kid) Less travel time = more time with his family.

More prestiege playing for a bigger side going place in a nice full ground, higher profile this is good for his career as well as financially and for his family.

I think hes mad if he lets this opportunity go TBH but like I said his call.

The club should put a 1 week deadline on this if its not done by next Friday we should move onto bigger and better things we only have 3 more preseason games !

HAHAHA

Look at it from the other direction, steevie. The club are ambiguous on the issue. All were getting fed from them is a line about how it's outrageous of City to not be carrying this out through back channels but in public, and now this new statement: "We have received an offer of £18m for Joleon and that offer has been rejected outright,". Hardly a hardline message of 'keep your hands off our player' is it? Imo, Lescott wont be making a fresh statement because he knows full well he's likely to be sold when City play out the rest of this laughable pantomime by 'crashing' through the £20M barrier. You cant blame the player when he plays for a selling club playing out these games. How many more times does this Groundhog Day have to happen before the penny drops that the club hide behind supporters all too ready to call a player Judas?

JOLEON LESCOTT has admitted he is unhappy with speculation linking him with a move to Manchester City.

But the Everton defender says the only thing on his mind at present is a holiday.

The 26-year-old, who won his seventh England cap on Wednesday, has been the subject of increasing speculation about a £15m-plus bid from Manchester City this summer.

But Lescott bristled when asked about the stories while on international duty this week.

“We do not see much of the media side when we are away with England, but you cannot stop the papers speculating,” he declared.

“It is not a question I want to be answering, and no-one has said anything to me other than I am an Everton player.

“I am going on holiday now with my family to wind down for the next couple of weeks and then I will come back fully focused on getting fit for pre-season.”

Both Arsenal and Man City have been linked with the Everton defender Joleon Lescott this weekend, but the 26 year-old is adamant that he will be staying at Goodison Park and helping his team to break into the top four in the near future.

“It flatters me but I’m focused on my job here and I don’t need distractions,” Lescott said yesterday.

“I want to be part of Everton’s future.

“I’m sure he manager will look to bring in more this summer. He’s done well in recent years.

“This year it was Marouane Fellaini, who’s been outstanding. You can see where the club is going.

“Next season we will have all our injured players back. Phil Jagielka, Mikel Arteta and Yakubu will be like three new signings.

“It’s important to keep everyone together because we’re really not that far behind the top four.”

What we should do is offer JL a new contract with a bit of a pay rise. If he signs then he wants to stay and it will tell City to fu@k off. If not it shows he wants to go and then we should get the best price possible. This £18m not enough is getting crazy. £18m is a huge amount and consider we got him for £5m. What a proffit. Not that i want him to go but cant see it going any other way. At least if we sell now we have time to get a replacement in.

This could be the weekend Dave, we could see somebody crack in front of our eyes.

We already saw poor Lordys downfall, that was painful enough.

Place your bets, my money is on steph, hes on the edge I think.

I even noticed Neiler close to the edge the other day.

Any favourites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back