2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is an excellent shot stopper without doubt. But my major concerns are with the rest of his play. He has scant communication with his defenders.. how many times do they get in each others way resulting in panic and even goals. He doesnt save and retain enough, parrying the ball right in front of the opposition resulting in goals. His distribution has deteriorated...hand dropped kicks into touch, likewise bulleted right through to the opposite keeper and of course, he doesnt defend the air merely looking awkward. Pains me to criticise him so much as I want him to be a proper Everton goalie, but in a lot of ways, I think we've 'been done'.

The corner that led to the goal, it looked like Zouma was almost on the goal line to head away, now surely Pickford should be taking a comfortable catch there.

For the second Millwall goal, Richarlison had to head the initial corner away from under his own bar from the first phase. It was a laughable piece of goalkeeping that never got picked up on.

The corner that led to the goal, it looked like Zouma was almost on the goal line to head away, now surely Pickford should be taking a comfortable catch there.

....he’s not a keeper who looks to command his area, he’s a shot stopper. Defenders like a keeper who comes out and claims crosses, but he’s not that type and never will be.

I’m a bit old fashioned when it comes to goalies and Pickford is from the modern era.

For the second Millwall goal, Richarlison had to head the initial corner away from under his own bar from the first phase. It was a laughable piece of goalkeeping that never got picked up on.
They never do mate I think it's part of the media love in for him to be honest. They'll obviously be pushing for him to get that " Big move"

....he’s not a keeper who looks to command his area, he’s a shot stopper. Defenders like a keeper who comes out and claims crosses, but he’s not that type and never will be.

I’m a bit old fashioned when it comes to goalies and Pickford is from the modern era.

No better sight Eggs than a keeper coming out to claim a ball and wiping out two or three players in the process.

Tony Cascarino and @davek appear to share the same view. Come to think of it I don't think I have seen Dave and Cascarino in a room together, are they one and the same person... :D

Writing in his column in The Times, Tony Cascarino says: “ Jordan Pickford played OK for Everton against Watford but I don’t think he’s been the same since he came back from the World Cup.

“Many England goalkeepers over the years seem to lose an edge once they get settled as England No 1, such as David James and Joe Hart.

“Yes, Pickford is playing behind a poor defence but he just feels a bit like a court-jester goalkeeper — he’s a bit erratic and scattergun.

It frustrating when goalies don't come out more because they can with more or less get away with anything ie coming out for crosses with there knees up they can clatter other players and get away with it they also only have to be slightly touched these days and 99 times out of a 100 they get a free kick so most of the time it's a win win for them

Tony Cascarino and @davek appear to share the same view. Come to think of it I don't think I have seen Dave and Cascarino in a room together, are they one and the same person... :D

Writing in his column in The Times, Tony Cascarino says: “ Jordan Pickford played OK for Everton against Watford but I don’t think he’s been the same since he came back from the World Cup.

“Many England goalkeepers over the years seem to lose an edge once they get settled as England No 1, such as David James and Joe Hart.

“Yes, Pickford is playing behind a poor defence but he just feels a bit like a court-jester goalkeeper — he’s a bit erratic and scattergun.
He's gotten way too cocky and showboaty it's pretty annoying, The perfect example being the thing against the RS.

They never do mate I think it's part of the media love in for him to be honest. They'll obviously be pushing for him to get that " Big move"

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back