2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
1651509280846.png

Imagine anyone thinking that Ramsdale will get the nod at the World Cup just because a few kopite journos don’t like Pickford getting the England limelight.

He’s the safest name on the team sheet along with Harry Kane. Not only has he been England’s best keeper for absolutely ages and performed brilliantly at the World Cup and the euros, including penalties, he’s also showing more consistency than Ramsdale in the premier league. It’s not even a contest.

Ramsdale plays worse in the big games. Pickford plays better. That’s why one will go down as one of England’s best ever keepers whilst the other one will be the bloke who sat on the bench for some of those games.

Imagine anyone thinking that Ramsdale will get the nod at the World Cup just because a few kopite journos don’t like Pickford getting the England limelight.

He’s the safest name on the team sheet along with Harry Kane. Not only has he been England’s best keeper for absolutely ages and performed brilliantly at the World Cup and the euros, including penalties, he’s also showing more consistency than Ramsdale in the premier league. It’s not even a contest.

Ramsdale plays worse in the big games. Pickford plays better. That’s why one will go down as one of England’s best ever keepers whilst the other one will be the bloke who sat on the bench for some of those games.
I reckon Pope has a much better shout than Ramsdale. Really strong keeper.

Ramsdale is very overrated. I won't even comment on Pickford, but Ramsdale isn't all that for sure. I'd take multiple other English GKs over him. His case really is a great look into the big 6 centric world.

Implying the media doesn't pick the England team, still.

By far his best season for the club, it's probably not a coincidence that, at 28, he is at the age when most keepers realize their potential and start to mature. He is not the best keeper in the premier league, but, he is by no means the worst. Jordan's biggest problem is that he is not as big as the really top keepers are these days, there's not much he can do about that, but, although he is not as good as the keepers at Liverpool United and City, he is far closer to them than our outfield players are to their counterparts at City, Liverpool and United.

As I've said so many times, he is not perfect, but, he is the least of our problems. In the past I was critical of him because of his regular rushes of blood, but, over the past 12 months, he seems to have got that problem pretty much under control.

That save yesterday.

It looked impossible.

If we stay up that save will rank in importance as the one Neville made from Falco to give us all three points at WHL in the crucial game near the end of the 84/85 campaign when us and Spurs were neck and neck.

That save opened up the road to the Title for us…..Pickford’s sprint across the goalline has opened up the road to salvation this season.

I alway,s thought the lad blows hot and cold, if he makes a great save he fists pumps like a maniac.. If he makes a blunder, he blames all around him... Only keeper we ever had to earn that right was our Welsh bin man.

Some people just think what they’re told to by the media. ‘Pickford shouldn’t be England’s number one, he makes errors and needs to calm down’. Even a calendar year of almost mistake free very good goalkeeping can’t get them out of this mindset
Struggling to think of a time he has let England down .
Generally he's been excellent for his country.

His brainfarts have been mostly for us.
Been very good the last 18 months tho.

I alway,s thought the lad blows hot and cold, if he makes a great save he fists pumps like a maniac.. If he makes a blunder, he blames all around him... Only keeper we ever had to earn that right was our Welsh bin man.
He hasn't "blown hot and cold" for 18 months now. He's been pretty much good to excellent since he grew his hair.

Coincidence??

Status
Not open for further replies.