2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpopular opinion but I do think he kicks long way too much and gifts the opposition possession, which is damaging.

I think it's the one part of his game he does need to change.

We need to be very careful here, though, as we can't determine whether it is or isn't tactical instruction. If it is, it's not entirely his fault and all he's doing is following the aforementioned instruction.

Unpopular opinion but I do think he kicks long way too much and gifts the opposition possession, which is damaging.

I think it's the one part of his game he does need to change.

I think he's getting very frustrated playing right now though, the back 4 and rice are incapable of being proactive with the ball, he gives it to ghem and they spend 10 minutes sidewards passing the ball, but he tries something different to get a move going, doesn't help that kanes movement is non-existent at this tournament

….i’d be quite certain he’s doing what he’s been told.

Not only that, when he does play it short 90% of the time they pass it straight back to him and put him under pressure so he has to play it long.

The commentary about it yesterday I thought was disgusting tbh. There's an agenda against him, always has been. We've had the "he's mentally erratic", we've had the "he's not very tall for a keeper" and now we've got the "oh his kicking is a big reason we give up possession so much"

Guess what they can all stfu and sod off. I'm one of his harshest critics as I always expect Everton goalkeepers to be special, but some of the criticism of him from the media has been nothing short of disgusting. I feel like they're constantly waiting on him to make a massive howler so they can start up the "it's Ramsdales turn" campaign once again.

He's miles ahead of every other English keeper.

Do people not realise that if Pickford just wants to kick it long and Southgate doesn't want him to, then Southgate would have stopped it after the first couple of long balls.

i just don't get the abuse Pickford gets. it's bordering on weird and those who do it are weird. Get behind him FFS

If he was Spanish and his name was Jose Picqueford people would claim he's the best in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.