Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fees £30mil, that'll be what's reported in the ins and outs.

I read £10mil but fair enough I'd be happy at £17mil for an established keeper.

They are meant to owe about £5m for Gibson/Oviedo still.

Probably end up paying cash of approx. £12m all out initially with add ons and offset of monies owed.

Cant be bothered trawling through the pages, but there is now way this is £30m upfront.

Be something like £15-20m upfront, then installments based on appearances for us and England, cup wins maybe.

Probably end up paying cash of approx. £12m all out initially with add ons and offset of monies owed.
Good point. Forgot about that. Would bring it down to 17m initial outlay.
Gibson and Oviedo out for combined 9m. Probably 60k in wages per week off the books and we get Pickford for 22m. Good business if you ask me.

Butland has a breakthrough season 2 years ago just like Pickford this season and then done himself in for about a year. But somehow many on here would prefer spending an extra 20 mil on him :confused:

My knowledge of German keepers comes from articles lauding this one or that one as being borderline world class, didn't karius win keeper runner up the season before the rs got him, another touted young German keeper... how'd that work out...

Maybe you could lump these German touted young keepers in the same catagory as pickford - but I'd rather the one who won't have language, a new league, New country, and all those factors to deal with whilst trying to fulfill potential.

Certainly not for this position.

I think after Karuis and Zeiler people have had to take a closer look at Horn and Leno. Ter Stegen has been outstanding since leaving the Bundesliga but there you go.

As you say most goalkeepers are a risk. The two above, Forster, Hart, Butland, Schmeichel and Heaton all have strengths and weaknesses. Yet all of the including Pickford are a big improvement.

I'm pleased we have gone in and met the fee. We are led to believe closing deals has been a problem not funds available so this is a positive start. It's a lot of money but in a world where VVD may go for 70 million and Lukaku for close to 90 it's what you have to pay.

I’m not going to pretend I have a degree in Jordan Pickford studies or anything, and to be honest, I’ve only really seen him properly when they’ve played us.

Like some of you, I’ve caught the odd Sunderland game and brief highlights on Match of the Day etc but given that he’s frequently been tipped to sign for the ‘bigger boys - and he seems to be held in high regard by other pros and Sunderland fans - I’ll be pretty happy when/if this is confirmed.

£30M at today’s rate isn’t mental and we all know the fee probably won't be that to start off with.

I’ve held my nerve over the past couple of weeks, Twitter started getting a bit hysterical again at the lack of activity and I almost joined in but then remembered it’s only June 13th. I know, I know, this is Everton and we’re right to be skeptical, but I get different vibes with Moshiri. Maybe it’s a little naive but Koeman wouldn’t be here if he didn’t think we’d properly strengthen and with this and the other (fairly) strong rumors it looks like we’re going to do that.

Btw, I found some quotes on him [Pickford]

Chris Kirkland: “I have worked alongside a number of top-class goalkeepers in my career and I have to say that Jordan Pickford is up there with the best.”

Simon Grayson: “We’re delighted that Sunderland have allowed him to be at our football club. The lad’s got a bright future wherever he’s going to be.”

Costel Pantilimon: “He is the future for England and this club too and I hope that he continues to do well.”

Decent sound bites them, let’s hope he lives up to expectations.

Been watching some Youtubeclips of Pickford, and what encourages me the most is his selfconfident behaviour. Personality is a huge thing when it comes to goalkeepers and the main reason for me being an Evertonian is a certain Welsh hero, so I`m hoping we can have a fantastic goalie again!

Good point. Forgot about that. Would bring it down to 17m initial outlay.
Gibson and Oviedo out for combined 9m. Probably 60k in wages per week off the books and we get Pickford for 22m. Good business if you ask me.
Doesn't really affect the fee though does it? If we waive £5m they would have had to give us it's still cost us that £5m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back