Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cannot get this to sit well with me, I can't get my head around it....too much on too little in my opinion. Be happy to get my eye wiped if he plays as well as some of you guys/gals expect! But I honestly see a season of excuses for his age/price tag/inexperience not wishing this but I can just feel it
Bedwetter. ?

For one with 20odd games the majority of which he lost and conceded yes it is. Being English means nothing other than he's going to get loads of unwanted press if and it is if he makes the first team, he'll be burned at the stake after any mistakes with them. And it's not £18mil, you can dress down if you want but that figure isn't agreed or released £30mil is.

There are a few I'd prefer, Szczeny is available with Juve looking at him he'd be around £10mil and he's a much better option in my view

The newspaper that broke the £30m news has since added the £18m + addons. If you think we'd pay £30m up front for him then you're a walking void. I mentioned he's English because of the premium.

Oh and Szczeny is linked to Juve for £17m so isn't really the same.

I just cannot get this to sit well with me, I can't get my head around it....too much on too little in my opinion. Be happy to get my eye wiped if he plays as well as some of you guys/gals expect! But I honestly see a season of excuses for his age/price tag/inexperience not wishing this but I can just feel it
£18m on a highly rated, young English player who was on a long term contract just isn't expensive these days.

It seems it, because that figure a few years ago would have been astronomical, but the game's changed.

Look at Keane - they're wanting £25m and he's only got a year left on his deal.

£18m is a decent price. And IF she activates all the clauses and we end up paying £30m, it will be even better value, because he'll be part of a team that has won us silverware and qualified for the CL

I was away.

Begovic will have a storming season with Bournemouth. He's been out of first team play for so long he'll rise to the occasion. He was and is a class GK. Just because he's been warming a bench at Chelsea doesn't make that not so.

Tbf Dave, begovic was regarded as surplus by stoke as they trusted a very inexperienced Butland ahead of him hence selling him to Chelsea, his last season at stoke he was criticised for his form slipping quite badly, when he played a lot for Chelsea last season due to courtuois injuries, he was heavily criticised as being poor by the fans, and he's now been sold as content would prefer better back-up

Not someone I'd be worrying about missing out on in truth.

The newspaper that broke the £30m news has since added the £18m + addons. If you think we'd pay £30m up front for him then you're a walking void. I mentioned he's English because of the premium.

Oh and Szczeny is linked to Juve for £17m so isn't really the same.
That's how most deals are structured. Stones, Sterling etc. They always quote the top figure. The question is not whether the fee is that expensive or not, the question is is he any good? He made quite a few mistakes at the end of the season.

That's how most deals are structured. Stones, Sterling etc. They always quote the top figure. The question is not whether the fee is that expensive or not, the question is is he any good? He made quite a few mistakes at the end of the season.

I don't recall a single PL goalkeeper last season that didn't make a mistake. No goalkeeper is perfect.

I was away.

Begovic will have a storming season with Bournemouth. He's been out of first team play for so long he'll rise to the occasion. He was and is a class GK. Just because he's been warming a bench at Chelsea doesn't make that not so.
What happened to only wanting players who have a "queue around the block" wanting their services??

Begovic wasn't wanted by Chelsea (bit like a certainly gallic midfielder of ours w/ Man Utd) and only Bournemouth were interested in picking him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back