Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2017-6-13_11-47-7.webp

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 89
I have no idea what our net spend will be this summer, but at this point the aim is just to get the players onboard that Koeman has targeted. If that ends up costing us an extra £20-30m or whatever over what we had planned then so be it! We are gunning for the PL's big boys now. We know that success cannot be bought.. but backing your manager with genuine top dollar gives us every chance of making that jump.

Nearly all of us on here would prefer Butland mate. But realistically reckon he's cost double Pickford for you guys to even consider it.
Major concerns on butland's fitness. Reckon he'd cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of 30 rising to 40m, and just can't justify that until he proves the ankle injury is in the past.

We can't wait a year for that to happen before addressing our goalkeeping situation, so pickford it is. Reckon he has a similar ceiling to Butland anyway, maybe even higher.

If we can sustainably afford to splash this kind of money on players then whos arsed.

By all means get some bargains like Gueye at al, but at the end of the day if we can afford to just go, "yeah how much do you want? Sure whatever that's fine" then isn't that a positive?

Everton of the past were linked with these types of deals and always missed out. See Butland as an example.

What price do you put on missing out on a player? In these instances the fee doesn't matter to me. If it's a player we need, who's wanted by the management, and will improve us then I'm all for it.

I think he's the better keeper but only time will tell. I reckon 40-50mill would get the job done.

most of us agree with you on that, but no chance Butland would be available, especially after Stoke sticking by him for 18 months to get over his injurys.
England have some top top keepers at the moment, and i dont understand how Joe Hart is still no.1

So how much for Robles then? Could get a fair amount for him in today's market I reckon...young, prem experience and actually a fairly decent keeper, if not quite good enough for the top end. Certainly not the worst keeper I've seen for us

Major concerns on butland's fitness. Reckon he'd cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of 30 rising to 40m, and just can't justify that until he proves the ankle injury is in the past.

We can't wait a year for that to happen before addressing our goalkeeping situation, so pickford it is. Reckon he has a similar ceiling to Butland anyway, maybe even higher.
That's the big question now. I just hope it doesn't hold him back because he really has the potential to become world class.

He's the one I wanted....only complaint is that we couldn't sign him before hes gone to the u21 tournament :(

most of us agree with you on that, but no chance Butland would be available, especially after Stoke sticking by him for 18 months to get over his injurys.
England have some top top keepers at the moment, and i dont understand how Joe Hart is still no.1
He owes us a year but I fully expect him to move on next year if he stays injury free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back