Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also buzzing that this is hopefully the end of Robles taking about 5 minutes to take a goal kick by which Lukaku has about 4 people round him, proper wound me up that ahaha

Fixed it for you ;)
My mate is a SITH he's crapping himself.
tenor.gif

Is it not a bit dangerous announcing this now all we have done is agree a fee, he cant complete a medical or sign until after the U21 tournament.

I thought this but I imagine that he is keen on the move as we can give him assurances that he will be our no.1. So shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'm not convinced that he will replace Lukaku's goals when he leaves but I will trust Koeman's judgment.

I don't think he will replace his goals from a sole signing. The front 3 and midfield will all have to chip in rather than the reliance of one player. I think he will be working towards it. If we can share the goals then it will not matter if the main striker has an off day or 2.

Everton have agreed a fee totalling £30m with Sunderland for goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.

The Toffees had an opening bid knocked back last week, but have come back in with another which relegated Sunderland have accepted.

Sky sources understand the £30m will include a number of add-ons over the course of a long-term contract.

Not to blow my own trumpet much but exactly what i said it would be this morning ;)

I think this is really good business. 18 mil up front is about right in these days of crazy transfer fees. When you think City wanted an 8 mill loan fee from us last season for Jo Hart who has deteriorated so badly as well as 140k a week wages this sort of signing for a player who will be on around 50k possibly makes much more financial sense with an actually saleable asset attached!
Apart from the financial sense it makes I actually think he is a really good goalkeeper and that I would have preferred him over Schmeichel, Begovic, Hart, Heaton and Forster. I do think Butland is a better keeper but he also appears to be made of glass so think this lad was the best we could hope for from the English market.

I don't think he will replace his goals from a sole signing. The front 3 and midfield will all have to chip in rather than the reliance of one player. I think he will be working towards it. If we can share the goals then it will not matter if the main striker has an off day or 2.
I have concerns over his scoring record tbh.

His shooting stats on FIFA are atrocious but his potential is really high so maybe Walsh can see something in him we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back