Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potential top class...for £30M?

Yes. For example Tielmans, Mbappe, Rooney at 18.

Young players who aren't the best in the world but who are good enough now to make a top level first team and have many years to improve.

Pickford isn't the level of a rooney or whoever but then he is english so immediately price tag goes up. Even at 20 million, the potential spotted by the scouts/walsh is worth pursuing now i believe.

It's not just youngster though - I think we're trying to identify proven Premier League talent who we think can go even further if playing at a higher level.

It won't always pay off - for every Gana there will be a Bolasie for example, but with the goalkeeper position I'm not sure what else people expected. Pickford was always one of the better options.

Someone posted earlier in another thread that pickford/keane/sandro/klassen are all 24 and under so youth does seem to be some sort of target here.

that is where i want the club to go to, signing young players and building a foundation to go from. Yes sign the experienced players in to play along side them, but then bolasie proves the experienced ones aren't the best value in this league. Would you want more bolasies? Or take a punt on 3-4 potential players who might really take to the league and be worth 4 times as much in a couple of years, on top of us getting somewhere lol

Decent keeper and I believe it will certainly be an improvement on what we have presently. £30m seems a bit steep but I won't make a drama out of the fee and I don't think others should because he will be an improvement and possibly could work out he will be with us for the next 10 years. We will be paying OTT on a few players but will also have bargains if Sandro signs and a youth system with players pushing for starts. If the transfers and other targets cross the line then we will be much stronger for it despite the possible losses of Lukaku and Barkley. Koeman will have his players in and then he can truly be judged knowing he is still facing an uphill battle against the richer teams.

Lot of people talking about German keepers and players from elsewhere, communication is vital and if you don't speak the language then how are the defence meant to trust you? Nobody knows what Butland is like post injury and Pickford is very highly regarded, made up with this

Begovic - £10M to B'mouth.

WTF were we doing allowing that deal to go through? He is miles better than Pickford and three times cheaper.

Begovic is all wrong. Good shot stopper, commands his box at set pieces, takes crosses, got loads of experience at premiere and international level.......just doesn't fit the bill that Pickford has in that he's never in the press because he's not English nor flavour of the month.....oh and no one on here rates him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back