Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
The newspaper that broke the £30m news has since added the £18m + addons. If you think we'd pay £30m up front for him then you're a walking void. I mentioned he's English because of the premium.

Oh and Szczeny is linked to Juve for £17m so isn't really the same.

The fees £30mil, that'll be what's reported in the ins and outs.

I read £10mil but fair enough I'd be happy at £17mil for an established keeper.

I have officially seen Koln twice and Gladbach 4 times and I'm usually the one that's watched all sorts so Dave definitely hasn't.

My knowledge of German keepers comes from articles lauding this one or that one as being borderline world class, didn't karius win keeper runner up the season before the rs got him, another touted young German keeper... how'd that work out...

Maybe you could lump these German touted young keepers in the same catagory as pickford - but I'd rather the one who won't have language, a new league, New country, and all those factors to deal with whilst trying to fulfill potential.

Certainly not for this position.

Oh dear, think about it mate, oh and don't worry about it ,you have plenty of company on here.
No if you're having a pop be decent enough to tell me what it is you're accusing me of?

If it's merely the fact I'm not a sheep and am concerned this lad is overhyped and overpriced then go for it, I'm happy to have an opinion and happier still if this lad turns out to match this potential everyone is certain he has. Doesn't stop me judging on the here and now and not FIFA17

My knowledge of German keepers comes from articles lauding this one or that one as being borderline world class, didn't karius win keeper runner up the season before the rs got him, another touted young German keeper... how'd that work out...

Maybe you could lump these German touted young keepers in the same catagory as pickford - but I'd rather the one who won't have language, a new league, New country, and all those factors to deal with whilst trying to fulfill potential.

Certainly not for this position.

Nearly every keeper in the Bundesliga looks class which is why I'm always skeptical of them since Karius flopped, Zieler flopped and I think Trapp is garbage as well.

Horn, Sommer, Baumann etc. are all highly rated but so too is Pickford. In the end it's just a price comparison task and since we don't pay transfer fees I don't see why anyone cares.

No if you're having a pop be decent enough to tell me what it is you're accusing me of?

If it's merely the fact I'm not a sheep and am concerned this lad is overhyped and overpriced then go for it, I'm happy to have an opinion and happier still if this lad turns out to match this potential everyone is certain he has. Doesn't stop me judging on the here and now and not FIFA17
Ok mate, not having a pop, I think it's great that we are making a statement by splashing the cash, I will leave it there, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back