Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is really good business. 18 mil up front is about right in these days of crazy transfer fees. When you think City wanted an 8 mill loan fee from us last season for Jo Hart who has deteriorated so badly as well as 140k a week wages this sort of signing for a player who will be on around 50k possibly makes much more financial sense with an actually saleable asset attached!
Apart from the financial sense it makes I actually think he is a really good goalkeeper and that I would have preferred him over Schmeichel, Begovic, Hart, Heaton and Forster. I do think Butland is a better keeper but he also appears to be made of glass so think this lad was the best we could hope for from the English market.

I suspect his wage, based on previous fee rumours would be circa £60-70 k a week is as now is being reported the initial fee being £25 million with £5 mil in add ons which sounds more likely then the weekly wage will be north of £70k a week

Please tell me this isn't being clinched with Dowell and Kenny being forced up there to that 'kin midden of a club.

£30M and those two out the door for a season. That feller is utterly clueless if that's happening.

Please tell me this isn't being clinched with Dowell and Kenny being forced up there to that 'kin midden of a club.

£30M and those two out the door for a season. That feller is utterly clueless if that's happening.
tenor.gif

This is far, far, far too much money to spend on a 29-game keeper from a relegated club.

Could we not have tempted Stoke to sell Butland for the sort of money we are talking about here?

Potential's all well and good if we were investing up to, say, £10m. But £30m, however it's structured, is way too much.

For that, we ought to be buying one of the best keepers in Europe.

FFS He's only rated 76 on Fifa , I'm out !

But his potential is 86. Thats huge!

Id this is an ok signing- pricey, but money not an issue for us at this point since we are more constrained by being a middling premier league side and by being based in NW England- these factors are what is preventing us from signing big names, not the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back