Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
£30m is the total "if everything is ticked off as completed" fee. Why are you in denial of this?

I'm not in denial of anything, fact is it's a promise to pay if the lad lives up to what is agreed. For all you know it could be £12mil top up for two years service or one full England cap. You don't know what the terms are so you can't assume anything other than we've agreed a fee of £30mil

Happy enough with the signing. He's young and has experience of the PL (unlike City's new £30m man) and his distribution is class. Would i have liked him for less money? Course, but its not £30m in one payment and sadly, we missed the boat with Butland by not taking a chance like this when we could have. So I'll get behind the lad.

I'm not in denial of anything, fact is it's a promise to pay if the lad lives up to what is agreed. For all you know it could be £12mil top up for two years service or one full England cap. You don't know what the terms are so you can't assume anything other than we've agreed a fee of £30mil

It'll involve Champions League and everything. Bet we dont ever pay full £30m. Even if we do, chances are he's been utterly boss so we've got our moneys worth.

They are meant to owe about £5m for Gibson/Oviedo still.

Probably end up paying cash of approx. £12m all out initially with add ons and offset of monies owed.

It doesn't work like that. Sunderland almost certainly will have built in clauses that the fee for Gibson/Oviedo would be less if they survived but irrespective I suspect they will have agreed to pay over the players initial contract term just like I suspect Everton will do with Pickford although it remotely possibly Sunderland will have agreed to a smaller overall fee if all payable now.

The fee is irrelevant in terms of value 30 mill for a career of 10-15 years is peanuts really with built in resale value, its excellent value. The only time it becomes relevant is if your paying big money for a 29 year old.

I've watched this lad a lot he is commanding, a good decision maker, can come for crosses, a good communicater, decent frame and is agile and can save spectaclorlay and scruffy ones.

You haven't see anything like how far this lad can kick a ball, i can see him with about 5 assists next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back