Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't spend money, people moan. We spend big bucks, people moan.

Yep - wrecks my head. Some people will simply not be happy until Everton FC spend the exact amount of money on the exact players that they want and nothing more. And we'd better not sell anyone to fund those signings either as that would be cheating.

Get a grip. If they care that much, they should finance and run their own football team.

Happy days. Pleased the manager has got the goalie he wants, we've paid big bucks in doing so which shows we mean business.

Everyone's welcome to their opinion in who we should get and we will never all agree, what matters is he was the managers choice and the club have made it happen.

Not impressed with 30m.

BUT

The lad is beyond highly rated, its not my money, he will make mistakes, but im quite happy with the boy.

If, and we all hope he is, dead good he will be our keeper for what 10 years? Maybe more. That's £3m a year for a good keeper each season hopefully which doesn't seem too bad.

And that's including all the bonuses as it's not £30m up front.

I think i'm OK with the price. Just wasn't my first pick(ford LOL) for the new keeper.

Last edited:
The thing is if he's our keeper for the next 15 years, how much money does that save?

Rich people get to be rich because instead of having to buy new furniture every four months they can put down the cash to buy a bed that will last 100 years.

Same here, instead of buying a 5 million goalie every 2 years, we buy one 30 million goalie and never have to worry about that position again.

And he's good enough to start for us for the next 5 years, without a shadow of a doubt.

Decent Keeper, rising to £30mil is a safe deal for us in case it doesn't work out

Nice to see us finally make a statement of intent of splashing cash without actually selling anybody first (even if Lukaku is probably getting sold)

Now time for us to finish the deals on Klaasen and Sandro

Very pleased with this move. Don't think the difference between Butland and Pickford justified paying more than 2x the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back