Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reporting the fee total being £30m is the worst thing that's happened to me today.

Really,.....?

Had a surprise wasp attack at 65mph on the dual carriageway today, .... Not a big fan of wasps, worse still in a confined space ....with blacked out X5 nearly rear ending me from a distance of about 6 inches.

....the JP news, ...by comparison ....... Is SUPERB !!!

But he isn't?

Yeah I know which is bizarre that people are happy to pay a fee for an outfield player who gets rotated, dropped, injured more often, might spend 5-10 years absolute max with us, yet will not spend it on a keeper who is an absolute crucial position, plays every minute of every game, might play 15 years for us. It's mad. The fee isn't an issue, are we getting a good keeper yes or no?

Stop worrying about the fee

30m is basically what 10m would be three years ago

If Kyle Walker is worth 60m then we have got an absolute bargain

Agree totally quoted fees have gone through the roof this year and let's face it we are quoting £100m for Rom so in return we have got to expect clubs to up their fees in return it's the way of the world and it's a frenzy on which we as football fan's are being fed, £30m is now the going rate for a decent keeper.

Please tell me this isn't being clinched with Dowell and Kenny being forced up there to that 'kin midden of a club.

£30M and those two out the door for a season. That feller is utterly clueless if that's happening.

Where's that been reported, other than in your delusional head? Kenny won't be loaned out period, Dowell should be imo

I'm not even that arsed about the fee to be honest. I was the one saying we should spend 50 Million on Butland

Mikey, Right now Butland is superior (if fitness issues are behind him), but Pickford is damned close.

Burtland more commanding especially on crosses etc, also better positionally.

But pickford makes up for the latter by having the best reflexes I've seen on a keeper for a long time, and his distribution is the best I can remember seeing from a keeper.

Given that positioning you can work on, and similarly with experience you can start being more commanding, whearas is if you have crap reactions or can't pass your pretty much stuck with that.

Long term Maybe he's the better option...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back