Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a very good keeper. Not saying much with our shower but he is more than likely the best passer we have.

He may get a bit less stick from us as he is a local lad, which is why I'm not sure if he is ready to move just yet.

Doesn't show % in a number here but you can kind of work out who might be better (different teams skew in my opinion).

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stats?competition=1&season=20160&category=goalkeeping&sort=9
I'm looking at that "shots on goal" category which reads 159, then I see Sunderland conceded 60 so far. So that means that he concedes a goal for every 2.6 shots on target doesn't it?

De Gea and Courtois, on the other hand had 92 and 93 shots on target to face, respectively and conceded 25/29 respectively - which means they conceded just under one goal per 4 shots on goal / one goal per 3.2 shots on goal respectively.

That's why they're top dogs and why we need one up that end of the spectrum.

I'm looking at that "shots on goal" category which reads 159, then I see Sunderland conceded 60 so far. So that means that he concedes a goal for every 2.6 shots on target doesn't it?

De Gea and Courtois, on the other hand had 92 and 93 shots on target to face, respectively and conceded 25/29 respectively - which means they conceded just under one goal per 4 shots on goal / one goal per 3.2 shots on goal respectively.

Feel free to name me someone we could get in that spectrum with stats better than Pickford. No point naming names with nothing to justify them.

Also @Connor linked this: http://scores.nbcsports.com/epl/player_leaders.asp?category=106

Bear in mind that De Gea and Courtois would be having a higher % of shots from target and in general lower % chance of scoring opportunities against them due to having a far better quality of defence ahead of them.

There are many ways to skew the numbers.

No because Pickford has not played in all games.

Yes. I have no concerns about him. Other than he hasn't even seen out a full season yet. I'd love him to stay and it would get the fans back onside he the club kept him. As I've said the lad has said he wants to stay
Nothing better than a loyal player, fair play to him if he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back