Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't get the inverted commas sorry mate?

Couple of 'saves' that looked like they were going wide anyway, a few parries that appeared to be fairly routine saves being made to look more difficult than they were, the cross he palms away at the start looks like he's stuck in mud and mis-timed his jump, and he pushes a few things straight back out to the danger area.

Genuinely I think he's good though, I was sort of tongue-in-cheek saying that what may have been intended to show how good he is has actually made him look a little bit raw. I've seen him do better things is basically what I meant.

The inverted comma thing meantbi have seen him make proper mistakes mate not show their obviously.

Christ though even big nev made a howler or two, it's how it goes on balance over a season and how it costs us that is the determining factor.

Absolutely made up we are getting him tbh, get a couple of quality centre backs in front of the lad, keane and another and we will have a cracking spine if tgecrwam for years to come.

We'll have to see if this lad is half the player he's cracked up to be.

I see massive dangers with this: inexperienced, what experience he has is at a club where he didn't have to concentrate for too long before needing to act - a totally different gig mentally to goal keeping at a club where he'd have less action to face; short in stature; big price tag to labour under.

I'm unconvinced, but if he saves our bacon more often than not we need to defo give him credit.

Diamonds cost good money and looks like you are about To sign one ,an absolute star if he continues his improvement which im sure he can at Everton.. gutted like I must admit , short will prob bank the money ! But new it was inevitable he'd go ..feels like a long way back for us at the minute

Sound hollow but going down was probably long term the best thing mate, treading water with that owner and until you sell up was never getting better, maybe this will turn into the catalyst for change you need.

Buzzing by this. Been my clear number 1 hope out of all keepers linked.

18 million up front for a keeper in our sticks for next 10 years is good business.

He's only going to get better, and was fantastic all season, especially last few months when he was pulling of worldy after worldy.

He'll be Englands number 1 in next few years if he continues the way he has

We'll have to see if this lad is half the player he's cracked up to be.

I see massive dangers with this: inexperienced, what experience he has is at a club where he didn't have to concentrate for too long before needing to act - a totally different gig mentally to goal keeping at a club where he'd have less action to face; short in stature; big price tag to labour under.

I'm unconvinced, but if he saves our bacon more often than not we need to defo give him credit.
You'd see winning the lottery as a negative though sooo.....

Sound hollow but going down was probably long term the best thing mate, treading water with that owner and until you sell up was never getting better, maybe this will turn into the catalyst for change you need.
Agreed mate new owner is an absolute must, 8 weeks or so to go and we have no manager No team as such absolute shambles at the minute.. but getting back to Pickford I can't praise him enough .. hope he does well for yous

Time will tell if it's a good signing or not , at this point in time to me it seems an incredible gamble of our (I can only guess) limited resources but I'm not wetting the bed just yet. Come on Pickford lad make us compare you to Nev...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back