Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any transfer is a gamble, this one is no different but he has excelled in a poor team albeit for only a limited time, so there is the 'flash in the pan' risk. His age is a massive bonus and I think it helps that he is British, but i am really pleased (Lukaku aside) that we now seem to be prepared to push the boat out for key signings, one or two more splashes and I will be convinced that we are at last heading in the right direction under Moshiri.

Agreed mate new owner is an absolute must, 8 weeks or so to go and we have no manager No team as such absolute shambles at the minute.. but getting back to Pickford I can't praise him enough .. hope he does well for yous

Cheers mate! I think I can safe from most Evertonians on here and further afield good luck next season. I wanted you to stay up last season, what with Moyes in charge but wasn't to be. We have a mutual shared hatred of Newcastle and most Sunderland fans seem very balanced and decent fella's with a well rounded view of football.

£30m! Wow.
Of course we need to know the details of the 'add ons'.
If this works out, fab!

But he's young and largely unproven.
If this goes tits up then his resale value may be limited.

Would a more experienced and proven keeper be better value and have a better resale value if it doesn't work out?

But don't listen to the pessimist in me.
Welcome Jordan!

We'll have to see if this lad is half the player he's cracked up to be.

I see massive dangers with this: inexperienced, what experience he has is at a club where he didn't have to concentrate for too long before needing to act - a totally different gig mentally to goal keeping at a club where he'd have less action to face; short in stature; big price tag to labour under.

I'm unconvinced, but if he saves our bacon more often than not we need to defo give him credit.

If you keep jumpin' all these sharks we're gonna' have to put some concrete boots on ya'...

Love,

The "other" mob

Cheers mate! I think I can safe from most Evertonians on here and further afield good luck next season. I wanted you to stay up last season, what with Moyes in charge but wasn't to be. We have a mutual shared hatred of Newcastle and most Sunderland fans seem very balanced and decent fella's with a well rounded view of football.
Let's be honest them lot are easy to hate haha .. cheers!

Why everyone obsessed with butland , he been injuries for ages now and who cares how much money he is.

We needed a keeper
We have brought a young keeper with potential to be one of the best buy hey maybe we should have sent for Hart and saved money

We'll have to see if this lad is half the player he's cracked up to be.

I see massive dangers with this: inexperienced, what experience he has is at a club where he didn't have to concentrate for too long before needing to act - a totally different gig mentally to goal keeping at a club where he'd have less action to face; short in stature; big price tag to labour under.

I'm unconvinced, but if he saves our bacon more often than not we need to defo give him credit.

I agree but the fact that Moyes actually trusted him at a young age must be worth something, he could have easily got a Carlo Nash type experienced goalkeeper to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back