Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
(post above)
Ok I like Horn but I would have thought Karius and Zieler would have been decent and they're pants. Schmeichel is decent but then so is Pickford and for around the same amount I'll take the 21 year old who could go up a level

So what matters then Dave, you seem to change opinion depending if it supports your view.

Pickford is very very highly rated by people who know a lot more than we do, he's rated massively by the fans who see him every week, he's been rated since a kid, hence why he has been in every international age caragory for England.

We are paying if true, 17m for him, which I believe will be a English league record fee, were paying that because he's potentially a brilliant keeper in the making.
The different types of pressures at two wildly different clubs is the issue. It;d be a massive gamble financially. He;s already gambled with big cash and it hasn't paid off.

Ok I like Horn but I would have thought Karius and Zieler would have been decent and they're pants. Schmeichel is decent but then so is Pickford and for around the same amount I'll take the 21 year old who could go up a level
Could make the grade at a bigger club with more expectation, might not. My point though is that we should be looking for GKs who are already through that stage.

Sunderland to Everton for a 23 year old looks like a big step up.

The different types of pressures at two wildly different clubs is the issue. It;d be a massive gamble financially. He;s already gambled with big cash and it hasn't paid off.

Any player can do an acl mate, can't be scripted for.

Could counter argue that being a local lad with this season the pressure on him has been massive as well.

Horn has been unimpressive today. I think Dave just picked him bc he's on the tele at the moment. Not on the Pickford bandwagon myself but if he signs he's got room to improve and is already better than what we have.

Could make the grade at a bigger club with more expectation, might not. My point though is that we should be looking for GKs who are already through that stage.

But you'd rather sign Horn who's never played in the PL and you've probably seen less than one time? Hmm...

Say he went to city though, and in three years hes regarded as one of the best around, would you not be slating us for not going for him now?

Any player can do an acl mate, can't be scripted for.

Could counter argue that being a local lad with this season the pressure on him has been massive as well.
I'm not wildly against Pickford. I just dont think 25 games in this league is enough to secure a £17M fee.

Fact is if we sign and he's decent we have a keeper for the next 10 years or so. Being English will also massively inflate his value if he does perform and should ever want to leave.
If he's utter guff then he's still young enough to command a decent fee.

Does that not apply to Horn? Koln are a German yo-yo club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back