Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not wildly against Pickford. I just dont think 25 games in this league is enough to secure a £17M fee.

Your issue then is more with modern footy and the prices mate.

Dolberg for example has about the same amount of games and if we paid 25m for him then it'd be good business in the current climate.

As for pickford, maybe we are trying to get ahead of the curve and willing to pay that bit over to get a deal done quickly.

City, United, Arsenal and possibly the rs, will all be after keepers come the summer, but can't act yet die to all needing to keep the current ones happy.

I'm actually with Dave on this, don't really rate Pickford.

Would prefer Hart as I stated earlier.

One things for sure though, it is hard to get it right on a keeper. There isn't much top quality that hasn't already been snapped up.

Both Joe Hart and Kasper Schmeichel are 30, it will be big money for either, I am up for a younger keeper who is going to be around for a while. Timo Horn would be a good keeper too, but I see nothing wrong with Pickford, I'll take Nev's word on this.

Both Joe Hart and Kasper Schmeichel are 30, it will be big money for either, I am up for a younger keeper who is going to be around for a while. Time Horn would be a good keeper too, but I see nothing wrong with Pickford, I'll take Nev's word on this.

What's Nev said? Although I do take him with a pinch of salt these days, spouts some right tripe.

Orite mate we will just ignore all the fantastic saves he made for City whilst winning trophies and concentrate on a season in which he's playing with a defensive line he can't even communicate with.
Even taking that into account, those are bad blunders, he has a history of them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back