Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Hart hasn't been doing very well in Italy, as far as I know. He was pretty shaky for a while at City too. It's the name people seem to like. But I don't see why anyone thinks he'll be great.

One plus about Pickford is that he's genuinely young, by keeper standards he's a baby. If he's performing well at his age then even with modest improvement you've got a solid keeper for 12+ years.

Hart is at Torino because no EPL club wanted him.

Was City more willing to play ball with Torino over his wages because they're in a different league? Thought that was the issue when we were interested. Anyway, he's not Pickford so off topic.

I like Pickford but let's be clear with Hart, he ended up at Torino because Pep Guardiola is the only man walking the earth who rates Claudio Bravo higher than him.
Pep was right to not rate Hart but who he went for to replace him is another issue, if he was even close to being a top 6 keeper he could of done better then Torino, I still hope Liverpool go for him

Pickford might not be my choice but he is better then Hart

Your issue then is more with modern footy and the prices mate.

Dolberg for example has about the same amount of games and if we paid 25m for him then it'd be good business in the current climate.

As for pickford, maybe we are trying to get ahead of the curve and willing to pay that bit over to get a deal done quickly.

City, United, Arsenal and possibly the rs, will all be after keepers come the summer, but can't act yet die to all needing to keep the current ones happy.
My issue is with his lack of top flight experience.

It's a crucial position and we should be looking at bringing in a keeper of note.

Personally I'd throw everything at getting Schmeichel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back