Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue is with his lack of top flight experience.

It's a crucial position and we should be looking at bringing in a keeper of note.

Personally I'd throw everything at getting Schmeichel.

Pickford will go on to be considerably Bette over his career than Schmeichel mate, remove last season and he's been an average journeyman his whole career, at 30 and with a few of 25m or so, he'd be more a risk imo.

Pickford will go on to be considerably Bette over his career than Schmeichel mate, remove last season and he's been an average journeyman his whole career, at 30 and with a few of 25m or so, he'd be more a risk imo.
Agree with this totally. Schmeichel is a decent keeper but doesn't warrant the top dollar he'd cost.

Schmeichel is nothing special and will decline until retirement.

Pickford has an edge on him already, is younger and possible England No1.

I've watched him for 10+ games this season and if Big Nev rates him I'm even more convinced he's the right choice.

Alternatively, we could go for Leno but doubt it. Pickford train it is.

I wouldn't worry about his age. 30 is a good age for a GK.
Technically Schmeichel has only got one more years experience than Pickford in the top flight.

What a difference in experience though!

Schmeichel is beyond overrated.
I just think of the goal he conceeded more than anything were someone shot near post,and he basically felt backwards on his bum without trying to save it-forgot who its against [sometime in last 3 or so months lol],makes some decent saves,but he does the star saves to much-even when he doesnt need to

I've got to admit, Pickford wouldn't of been my first choice, but I think Walsh an Koeman probably have a better understanding of what's needed than me. Don't know if this is the alcohol talking but I think I'd rather have Pickford than the pair of clown shoes we have at our disposal now! So I'm in ;) welcome to the club Jordan :cheers:

I like Pickford but let's be clear with Hart, he ended up at Torino because Pep Guardiola is the only man walking the earth who rates Claudio Bravo higher than him.
I'd take Hart.

600full-take-hart-screenshot.jpg

Looked very dodgy in the goodison game, granted was his first game back after injury. I'll reserve judgement till i see him have a run

Would be an excellent addition to the squad.

It's great to see that the management have echoed the fans concerns regarding the goalkeeper position.

A far cry from Martinez' constant use of superlatives to describe star-jumping US Men's All-Star All-American Yee-Haa Tim "refusal to use hands or positional sense" Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back