Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im not 100% convinced on pickford but i am happy with the profile of the player, young, talented, english, future star. The only bits i have seen are the motd clips really, which is hard to judge a goalkeeper.

The thing i am happy about if the rumours are true is that we are getting business done early. Identifying a targeting, offering the money and getting it done

I do understand the point with Butland's injury. It is very very valid.

But he might well be absolutely fine forever. He's still who I want.

Id agree with you on that pal.

The problem would be that there is no chance of butland going anywere this summer, he is a good lad and he eouldnt just turn his back on stoke after all the time they invested in him during his injury.

Your issue then is more with modern footy and the prices mate.

Dolberg for example has about the same amount of games and if we paid 25m for him then it'd be good business in the current climate.

As for pickford, maybe we are trying to get ahead of the curve and willing to pay that bit over to get a deal done quickly.

City, United, Arsenal and possibly the rs, will all be after keepers come the summer, but can't act yet die to all needing to keep the current ones happy.

Exactly what we need to do atm mate. We need to begin offering more to get players until we improve and then players want to chose us ahead of others

Exactly what we need to do atm mate. We need to begin offering more to get players until we improve and then players want to chose us ahead of others
Whereas below 5m used to buy you 'potential to be a top player'. You are now talking 15-20m. Yet some people laugh at a price tag of 100m valuation on lukaku, who is 23 proven in this league and internationally.
Still think Europe is the way forward in buying 'future talent'. The prices there aren't as absurd as they are in England.

Whereas below 5m used to buy you 'potential to be a top player'. You are now talking 15-20m. Yet some people laugh at a price tag of 100m valuation on lukaku, who is 23 proven in this league and internationally.
Still think Europe is the way forward in buying 'future talent'. The prices there aren't as absurd as they are in England.
This is it mate. Yes, it madness when you look at £80m to £100m touted for Rom. But equally £25m for Keane with 12 months on his contract left, and £17m for a goalkeeper playing for the bottom placed team. Its all ridiculous, especially transfers between Prem league clubs. But, I'm sure Everton will play that game just as well as any other club.

Im not 100% convinced on pickford but i am happy with the profile of the player, young, talented, english, future star. The only bits i have seen are the motd clips really, which is hard to judge a goalkeeper.

The thing i am happy about if the rumours are true is that we are getting business done early. Identifying a targeting, offering the money and getting it done

It doesn't really matter when you get the business done as long as it is good business.

Just echoing other people's thoughts , assuming the rumours have some veracity. It is promising that we appear to be acting early and with determination to secure our targets. By meeting the clubs valuation quickly, without too much haggling, ensures early access to the player and his representatives. It also lets the player know how much we value him. Let's hope,if it's true, we we approach the rest of our targets with the same philosophy.
I think Pickford will be a very good signing by the way.

Hope he's a better signing than the last Sunderland keeper to end up on merseyside...Simon Mignolet.

The scary thing is he's not as good as Mignolet was when he was at Sunderland.

Everyone keeps going on about how many shots he's faced etc but Mignolet was the same and looked a lot better, went to the rs and the rest is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back