Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think of the goal he conceeded more than anything were someone shot near post,and he basically felt backwards on his bum without trying to save it-forgot who its against [sometime in last 3 or so months lol],makes some decent saves,but he does the star saves to much-even when he doesnt need to

Must think he's his dad.

No firm opinion on him yet, but it's probably helped his reputation that he's a had a lot to do at Sunderland!

Is he that much better than Joel?

I would say no they are pretty much on a par, but what that does mean is they will both know if they mess up, like Joel has done recently you get dropped, the competition is something we havent had for a long time. Also means we can rotate in all the cups without having to play a clown like Stek

Neville likes him, so that's good enough for me.

I actually think he's a pretty bloody good young keeper too. If Butland had been fit, I'd probably prefer him but his injury has been significant. I'm not sure he'll ever be what he could have been now.

Especially for 17m, this would be an excellent bit of work.

Is there a rumored price for Butland? If the choice is either Butland or Pickford + another starting quality player, I'd rather have the latter.

If it ends up Pickford I'm happy. We all buzzed when Walsh and Koeman arrived. If they think he's the man... who are we to disagree?

Bloody brilliant if we can sign him, young keeper, liked him since the first time I seen him at Preston,he has made mistakes this year but name me a keeper who hasn't. Aside from all the usual keeper qualities one thing that really stands out about him is he has an almighty sweet left peg. Great if we had a young Duncan Ferguson playing up top.

We took a chance on Southall back in the day and it helped kickstart us, hopefully history repeats.

I do understand the point with Butland's injury. It is very very valid.

But he might well be absolutely fine forever. He's still who I want.

Wasn't it 3 seperate surgeries on his ankle ultimately after setbacks after each one? Last one being because the first two missed a pre existing stress fracture after the first surgery.

I'd so that's extremely worrying long term, ultimately I prefer butland, but both are real potential for being top quality and rather go for the one who hasn't got a potential career ending injury should his ankle go again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back