Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you in all honestly believe a dirty mag publisher and a dido seller when they said they tried to buy Lukaku
I tried to buy a brand new Ferrari last week
They wouldn't take a 4 yr old Ford Focus as part exchange though
Just brightened my day no end.
Comedy Gold.
Thought the sarcasm would be obvious there fellas... as if that rom or ross are going to that tinpot club

Does anybody in their right mind honestly think ROSS Barkley will sign for West Ham.
Does anybody seriously think West Ham will pay 35 m plus got ROSS Barkley.
Does anybody honestly think West Ham will pay 100k plus a week to ROSS Barkley.
If you answer yes to any one of the above questions you need to have a look at yourself
No, no, yes.

Pickford seems a great shot-stopper. There might be other options that could save us £5-15m but it would be nice to have a potential England no1 in goal to give this 'project' a kick up the back-side immediately.

No, translates to - Perhaps he only looks good because he's been kept really busy playing for a crap team like Sunderland. A bit like Mignolet did before he signed for the RS. And look how that turned out for them.

So what you're saying is, he's crap and makes loads of mistakes but they're camouflaged among all the saves he makes because he's always kept busy? I think it's safe to conclude you've hardly seen him play.

So what you're saying is, he's crap and makes loads of mistakes but they're camouflaged among all the saves he makes because he's always kept busy? I think it's safe to conclude you've hardly seen him play.

No. That's not what I've said at all. I didn't say he was crap. I said I'm not convinced. So stop trying to twist what I've said. A keeper playing for a club like sunderland is going to have more shots at him and have more saves to make. Which means it gets noticed more in the highlight reels on things like MOTD. I've already mentioned how Mignolet looked before he joined that lot. He was getting similar praise for making save after save for Sunderland as well. Turn's out he's not that great a keeper at all now. Richard Wright is another example. Looked great at Ipswich. Went to Arsenal and was crap.

No. That's not what I've said at all. I didn't say he was crap. I said I'm not convinced. So stop trying to twist what I've said. A keeper playing for a club like sunderland is going to have more shots at him and have more saves to make. Which means it gets noticed more in the highlight reels on things like MOTD. I've already mentioned how Mignolet looked before he joined that lot. He was getting similar praise for making save after save for Sunderland as well. Turn's out he's not that great a keeper at all now. Richard Wright is another example. Looked great at Ipswich. Went to Arsenal and was crap.

What makes you not convinced about him then? Is it just because some other keepers have turned out not very good in the past? It's not his fault he has to face loads of shots because Sunderland are awful, he very rarely makes a mistake and Sunderland fans think he's been one of the only shining lights for them this season and think he'll be a top keeper. They've seen much more of him than MOTD highlights reels.

Does anybody in their right mind honestly think ROSS Barkley will sign for West Ham.
Does anybody seriously think West Ham will pay 35 m plus got ROSS Barkley.
Does anybody honestly think West Ham will pay 100k plus a week to ROSS Barkley.
If you answer yes to any one of the above questions you need to have a look at yourself

I enjoy looking at myself (and others). Can I still do this without completing these quizzes that you post?

What makes you not convinced about him then? Is it just because some other keepers turned out not very good in the past? It's not his fault he has to face loads of shots because Sunderland are awful, he very rarely makes a mistake and Sunderland fans think he's been one of the only shining lights for them this season.

I don't think he commands his box very well to be honest. He's got a touch of the Shay Given's for me. Who incidentally was another keeper people used to crow about a number of saves he used to make. The Newcastle fans used to call him world class. Turns out he wasn't that good either.

Pickford maybe a good shot-stopper, but so are most of the other premier league goalkeepers. I want a bit more from a Everton keeper myself. But maybe that's just me.

If we do end up signing him I hope he proves me wrong though.

Last edited:

Mignolet has gone through spells of world-class form for Liverpoo though. Clearly their no1 right now and not a bad keeper.

Mignolet has gone through spells of world-class form for Liverpoo though. Clearly their no1 right now and not a bad keeper.

I don't know about world class. That might be pushing it a bit, but he has improved for them a bit this season to be fair. I still wouldn't put him in that top keeper bracket though mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back