Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. That's not what I've said at all. I didn't say he was crap. I said I'm not convinced. So stop trying to twist what I've said. A keeper playing for a club like sunderland is going to have more shots at him and have more saves to make. Which means it gets noticed more in the highlight reels on things like MOTD. I've already mentioned how Mignolet looked before he joined that lot. He was getting similar praise for making save after save for Sunderland as well. Turn's out he's not that great a keeper at all now. Richard Wright is another example. Looked great at Ipswich. Went to Arsenal and was crap.

What makes you not convinced about him then? Is it just because some other keepers have turned out not very good in the past? It's not his fault he has to face loads of shots because Sunderland are awful, he very rarely makes a mistake and Sunderland fans think he's been one of the only shining lights for them this season and think he'll be a top keeper. They've seen much more of him than MOTD highlights reels.

I think there is some method in the madness here.

A quality keeper isn't (just) one that can fly about for 90mins being peppered. The very best keepers play for teams that have alot of the ball so make just 1 or 2 saves a game and so the concentration needed not to switch off is imperative.

I think that's where Hart let's himself down. I like Shampoo head but it's hard to say he doesn't have clangers in him.

I think Pickford would be a really good signing but, until he's playing for a dominant team (which we will be next season at home given teams will turn up knowing it's fortress Goodison again) it's guess work as to how good he will be.

Is Hart an improvement on what we have? I'd say so.

Is Pickford going to be better in the long run? Quite possibly.

Guesswork to see how either would do at us really.

Very good keeper,I would go for him we missed out on Butland who I rate above Pickford,he has had a couple of seasons on loan and was highly thought of at the clubs he went to

We were all set to sign Hart last time. Koeman met him face-to-face and then immediately came out and said we have NO interest in signing him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back