Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, translates to - Perhaps he only looks good because he's been kept really busy playing for a crap team like Sunderland. A bit like Mignolet did before he signed for the RS. And look how that turned out for them.
I know for a fact that Rodgers picked Mignolet from a selection of keepers on statistics alone. Mignolet had more significant stats than the others as a consequence of the higher number of shots he faced.

I don't think he commands his box very well to be honest. He's got a touch of the Shay Given's for me. Who incidentally was another keeper people used to crow about a number of saves he used to make. The Newcastle fans used to call him world class. Turns out he wasn't that good either.

Pickford maybe a good shot-stopper, but so are most of the other premier league goalkeepers. I want a bit more from a Everton keeper myself. But maybe that's just me.

If we do end up signing him I hope he proves me wrong though.

Shay Given was good

He's not going to command the box. But he does everything else really well. He's very good now and still has a chance to be great. And yes, his distribution is world class.

I don't think he commands his box very well to be honest. He's got a touch of the Shay Given's for me. Who incidentally was another keeper people used to crow about a number of saves he used to make. Turns out he wasn't that good either.

Pickford maybe a good shot-stopper, but so are most of the other premier league goalkeepers. I want a bit more from a Everton keeper myself. But maybe that's just me.

If we do end up signing him I hope he proves me wrong though.

It's not just the number of saves he makes that's the reason people rate him, look at the quality of them, saves that he has no right to make. His handling is excellent, as is his distribution, command of area is something that is only going to improve with experience. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised if he did end up playing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back