Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 -- He isn't top class. Hes croatias back up keeper playing in the same team Newcastle bought their flop keeper from last summer.

2 -- He isn't going to be 'cheaper' than pickford. Not in the slightest, if he somehow stays as first choice for 5 seasons (impossible) he would then need upgrading and due to transfer fees increasing substantially, the cost of him + another keeper in 5 seasons would be more than signing pickford now.

3 -- @mixed_up believes that 5mil for gent is a big fee they have "probably never received before". Again, this is incorrect.

I could go on...

Please Don't.

1 -- He isn't top class. Hes croatias back up keeper playing in the same team Newcastle bought their flop keeper from last summer.

Pickford is in the England u-21 squad but apparently Croatia's 'second-choice' goalkeeper is not good enough? He's actually made 3 appearances in their last 7 months for their national team and they had solid number ones so it is hard to oust them.

2 -- He isn't going to be 'cheaper' than pickford. Not in the slightest, if he somehow stays as first choice for 5 seasons (impossible) he would then need upgrading and due to transfer fees increasing substantially, the cost of him + another keeper in 5 seasons would be more than signing pickford now.

Pickford is touted as costing £30M. Gent's current transfer record received fee is £7.65m. How is €10m like I suggested not cheaper than £30m? Are Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG after him? lol

3 -- @mixed_up believes that 5mil for gent is a big fee they have "probably never received before". Again, this is incorrect.

Not incorrect as I just pointed out above. So it is you who is incorrect.

I could go on...

Please do go on if you wish.

Please do go on if you wish.

1 -- How many times have you seen him play for Gent and Croatia to call him top class?

2 -- You didn't understand my comment. 1 average keeper now for 10mil + another better keeper in 5 years (if he lasted that long) would be more than pickford. that is obvious due to the transfer market organically increasing fees. 2 average keepers over 10 years is more expensive than pickford.

3 -- No one is paying 10mil for a keeper brought in to replace Newcastles flop (who was rated more highly) so actually youre right. Would be like us getting offered 20mil for robles

1 -- How many times have you seen him play for Gent and Croatia to call him top class?

2 -- You didn't understand my comment. 1 average keeper now for 10mil + another better keeper in 5 years (if he lasted that long) would be more than pickford. that is obvious due to the transfer market organically increasing fees. 2 average keepers over 10 years is more expensive than pickford.

3 -- No one is paying 10mil for a keeper brought in to replace Newcastles flop (who was rated more highly) so actually youre right. Would be like us getting offered 20mil for robles

1) How many times have you seen him play to call him not top-class? IMO he is top-class and I've known about him for 3 years+ whereas you haven't.

2) Kalinic is 27. We could get 5+ years easily out of him. He'd be on wages like £30k a week and be happy with that, whereas Pickford would cost £30m in transfer fees and his agents would call for £60/80k easily? so your second point is killed also.

3) What do Newcastle have to do with it? This just doesn't make sense and is not even worth an answer. Not even sure what you're on about. Do you know what you're on about.

4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) Watch the lad. The lad in front of him is the Monaco goalkeeper who plays in the champions league. Can't argue against that but doesn't mean the no.2 is no good.

11) this conversation is over.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/sunderland-keeper-jordan-pickford-consider-10594074

Sunderland keeper Jordan Pickford will consider Everton offer - but only once England U21 duty is over

Jordan Pickford is prepared to keep Everton waiting until after England U21 duty as he eyes Three Lions glory.

The shot-stopper is in demand this summer after impressing despite Sunderland’s sorry season at the foot of the Premier League.

Pickford made a series of stunning saves for the basement club after grabbing his chance when Vito Mannone was injured in August.

Everton now want to buy Pickford following Sunderland’s relegation to the Championship.

But Pickford, 23, is flying off on international duty for England’s U21s on Monday to Poland for the European Championships.

England U21s have failed to get out of their group in the last three tournaments but Pickford is confident Aidy Boothroyd’s men can thrive.

Ahead of Group A matches against holders Sweden, Slovakia and hosts Poland, Pickford said: “The Euros is massive for me and a lot of the other players.

“I feel it will be a great tournament and we can go and win it. It’s been brewing up for a while with these finals, we’ve got a good squad and a chance of going there and getting that win.

“We have got to believe in ourselves. We have come this far, we have to get out of the group first but we are capable of doing that easily. I am raring to go. I’m excited.

“It was unfortunate for Vito this season that he got injured but, like in any position, if you get that chance you have to take it and do as well as you can and go on a good run.”

For Pickford, the tournament promises to be another chance to put himself in the shop window.

He admits he considers himself a Premier League player now after 31 top-flight appearances with the Black Cats.

A swift return to the Premier League this summer appeals and is likely with Everton pushing hard.

But he added: “I have spoken to my agent and told him that I just want to concentrate on the Euros and be the best I can be.

“I’ll see where it takes me. I don’t want to be getting distracted.”

As a local lad who has been at Sunderland since aged eight, relegation hit the North East goalkeeper harder than most.

He says staff redundancies and cut-backs have all added to the dismay.

But he took an end of season holiday with his partner to clear his head and insists he has come to terms with Sunderland’s demise under David Moyes, who has since quit.

He added: “Being a Sunderland lad it’s a bit hard to take and it’ll always be hard to take. Financially it’s not ideal for the whole club.

“For me, having grown up there, seeing people you’ve known for a long time losing their jobs is not nice.

“But I feel like as a team and staff behind the scenes we did the best we could do and it was just unfortunate that we never got the results and points that we needed.”
He's inviting other interest by putting this out there. If he's a top performer at this tournament he should get it so it wouldn't be terrible to see him drop a cross or two.
The delay probably won't make a differance anyway as I seriously doubt we'll make a credible offer to Sunderland until there are significant incoming funds from player sales.

He's inviting other interest by putting this out there. If he's a top performer at this tournament he should get it so it wouldn't be terrible to see him drop a cross or two.
The delay probably won't make a differance anyway as I seriously doubt we'll make a credible offer to Sunderland until there are significant incoming funds from player sales.

very odd we haven't bid for him already

1) How many times have you seen him play to call him not top-class? IMO he is top-class and I've known about him for 3 years+ whereas you haven't.

2) Kalinic is 27. We could get 5+ years easily out of him. He'd be on wages like £30k a week and be happy with that, whereas Pickford would cost £30m in transfer fees and his agents would call for £60/80k easily? so your second point is killed also.

3) What do Newcastle have to do with it? This just doesn't make sense and is not even worth an answer. Not even sure what you're on about. Do you know what you're on about.

4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10) Watch the lad. The lad in front of him is the Monaco goalkeeper who plays in the champions league. Can't argue against that but doesn't mean the no.2 is no good.

11) this conversation is over.

1 -- So you're a massive Hadjuk Split fan. Scouting the boy 3 years ago whilst he was solely playing for Hadjuk Split lol lol lol lol lol lol
2 -- Learn to read English (maybe you ARE a massive Hadjuk Split fan) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
3 -- So you actually have no idea about Gent at all. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

As for the rest of your post....see (2) above lol

mixed up is RIGHT

oh and this wasn't a conversation...it was a lesson in you lying and being wrong lol

1 -- So you're a massive Hadjuk Split fan. Scouting the boy 3 years ago whilst he was solely playing for Hadjuk Split lol lol lol lol lol lol
2 -- Learn to read English (maybe you ARE a massive Hadjuk Split fan) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
3 -- So you actually have no idea about Gent at all. lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

As for the rest of your post....see (2) above lol

mixed up is RIGHT

oh and this wasn't a conversation...it was a lesson in you lying and being wrong lol

Does any of your post make sense? I said we could get Kalinic for €10m and you said I said £5m was not a big fee to them. I told you their transfer record received was £7.65m. You then go on like I said he'd cost the same as Pickford, yet you say he's rubbish, which is a contradiction in itself. I can read English just fine mate, it seems you're talking nonsense. You say I have no idea about Gent, what are you actually talking about? What were you talking about with your Newcastle signed a flop and that is related how? What's this massive Hadjuk Split fan nonsense? No I was aware of Villa trying to sign him a few years back and watched him on youtube like you watch players on youtube and probably as you do on FM, but I actually did more research into him than FM fantasy wonderkids. Lying about what? this is boring. Walsh and Everton know about this goalie or we would not have been linked. If we're being asked to spend £30m on Pickford no deal will be done, it is likely we will be in for a goalkeeper of this ilk. I'm sad to say your initial 'WRONG' was pathetic and now you're just making a fool out of yourself. Does you no favours.

Unlike you, no capital letters, bolding, or a desperate flurry of nonsensical, childish laughing faces required.

Nineteen supposedly damaging smiley/l-o-l faces - is that a world record on this forum? pretty sad!

Last edited:

Ideal signing to oust Robles/Stek for the next few years. Wouldn't cost an arm and a leg either, if Sunderland don't budge from their asking price.

Does any of your post make sense? I said we could get Kalinic for €10m and you said I said £5m was not a big fee to them. I told you their transfer record received was £7.65m. You then go on like I said he'd cost the same as Pickford, yet you say he's rubbish, which is a contradiction in itself. I can read English just fine mate, it seems you're talking nonsense. You say I have no idea about Gent, what are you actually talking about? What were you talking about with your Newcastle signed a flop and that is related how? What's this massive Hadjuk Split fan nonsense? No I was aware of Villa trying to sign him a few years back and watched him on youtube like you watch players on youtube and probably as you do on FM, but I actually did more research into him than FM fantasy wonderkids. Lying about what? this is boring. Walsh and Everton know about this goalie or we would not have been linked. If we're being asked to spend £30m on Pickford no deal will be done, it is likely we will be in for a goalkeeper of this ilk. I'm sad to say your initial 'WRONG' was pathetic and now you're just making a fool out of yourself. Does you no favours.

Unlike you, no capital letters, bolding, or a desperate flurry of nonsensical, childish laughing faces required.

Nineteen supposedly damaging smiley/l-o-l faces - is that a world record on this forum? pretty sad!

Didn't read.

Didn't read (but accuse others of not being able to read English).[/QUOTE]

Sure you didn't read. Read this. Villa couldn't sign him 3/4 years back cos of work permit issues. He now has 6 caps for Croatia and that wouldn't be an issue. Chelsea, clubs of that ilk have been linked with him recently.

Ideal signing to oust Robles/Stek for the next few years. Wouldn't cost an arm and a leg either, if Sunderland don't budge from their asking price.

Dear god, that state of those ptches and what the f*** is going on with the distance of the stands behind each goal! That poor lad would be frightened to death playing at Goodison, the sound of the crowd would be deafening compared to those graveyards he is playing in, even though Goodison has been devoid of atmosphere! :) he made some good saves though and seems a big old unit, sign him up Bill, you Beaut!

The state of those pitches! I know anybody can look good on youtube. But if we could get him for under £15 mil id much rather that than £30+ for Pickford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back