Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'll find mate that I've been positive about a lot of Koeman's decisions both tactically and also when it comes to player recruitment (See the Scheiderlin thread for proof of this)

What I am is balanced and prepared to criticise when I feel it is valid. I've always been that way, even during the days of the height of the Martinez Cult

You're slowly morphing into Dave here and you can't even see it. You're being as vitriolic for Koeman as he was for Martinez, with no one being allowed to question any of his decisions lest they face your unending wrath

We all lived through the horror of the Martinez Cult, let's knock this hard-line Koemanista stuff on the head whilst we still can eh?

It's okay to say sometimes that you think Koeman isn't infallible. It's healthy in fact

Much love

With all due respect - you are blowing chunks out of your hoop here.

I am not having a Koeman love in by any stretch, in fact far from it.

I am merely pointing out, that if we have decided to invest as Pickford as our long term goalkeeper, then that should be good enough instead of all getting giddy about who we could have had instead.

What you are doing here, which is a bit silly for a sensible chap like yourself, is trying to put me in a category or a box, as a Koeman fanatic. Now that might work with some of the more mentally challenged on here, but not me Mikey :) and please don't compare me to a man who spends 90% of his adult life on an internet forum devoting his time to being Roberto's number 1 fanboy and Koeman's number 1 hater.

let's be honest, stoke aren't letting butland go unless it's for 60m, we don't know if he's fully recovered from that injury ( i have my doubts that it wont reoccur)

Pickford is one of the most highly rated in our country for a reason, he will make mistakes yes, but overall he has every chance of becoming a fantastic keeper for us, and potentially England.

We are investing in him, the manager, walsh, and the GK coach will all think they can get that worth out of him.

Let's see how he does, his shot stopping and his kicking are major positives, but his lack of command of his area and his cross collection do worry me, but they can work on that.

He'll have my support when he puts those gloves on for us, no doubt

Once he signs that dotted line he's an Everton player, at which point he's one of "us" for as long as he's here

Were you moaning when that deal happened Dave, which was two weeks ago?

Because I haven't seen you mention it.

And Begovic isn't exactly a massive improvement on what we have either. Plus, Pickford has the potential to be one of the best.

I do have my reservations, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

And I'm sure if we had paid £10m for Begovic, you'd have said that was a waste of cash and we were signing a washed-up has been.

Honestly, it's really, really boring.

Dave.
If we eventually do end up paying 30m for Pickford it will be because his value by then will be double that.
I remember a few seasons ago when Butland became available during a transfer window. It was suggested then that we were interested but we let the chance slip by.

The Pickford situation is similar , a young talented keeper available and are we brave enough to take the chance on him ?
We didn't with Butland but it seems we are with Pickford, changing time and our new found financial muscle is most welcome.
Sommer or Horn from the Bundesliga: both way better and more experienced and probably a lot cheaper.

Dont look to the PL for GKs, we do not produce decent GKs.

By the way, people can see he's an alright shot stopper, but you know what he's really underrated at but I've seen a few times this year? His distribution.

Looks up quick and tries to get play starter, and not only that he has a foot like a traction engine.

I'm happy with it honestly. Butland and Forster may have been other options, but Butland would have cost twice as much again I reckon and Forster has his dopey moments and is six years older.

Sommer or Horn from the Bundesliga: both way better and more experienced and probably a lot cheaper.

Dont look to the PL for GKs, we do not produce decent GKs.

Horn is a walking calamity at times.

Sommer is good, yes.

Pickford has the potential to be better, though.

Were you moaning when that deal happened Dave, which was two weeks ago?

Because I haven't seen you mention it.

And Begovic isn't exactly a massive improvement on what we have either. Plus, Pickford has the potential to be one of the best.

I do have my reservations, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

And I'm sure if we had paid £10m for Begovic, you'd have said that was a waste of cash and we were signing a washed-up has been.

Honestly, it's really, really boring.
I was away.

Begovic will have a storming season with Bournemouth. He's been out of first team play for so long he'll rise to the occasion. He was and is a class GK. Just because he's been warming a bench at Chelsea doesn't make that not so.

I want top class right now, not 3 seasons down the line. Especially for £30M!!
Not to shift the topic in an entirely different and predictable direction, because of the past 4 years, top class has never heard of us sadly.

Personally i fully support the club in bringing potentially top class in at a young age and developing them from there. Won't always be sucessful but for every time that it does, it will be fantastic as a fan to have that.

So in terms of the thread, if Pickford turns out to be a bit crap a few years down the line the fair enough, we tried and failed. If he turns into a top level keeper by 26 and he is already at the club, then it is a fantastic investment now.

Remember we could sign ronaldo messi pogba and the like this summer and get relegated because they are crap for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back