Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Promising" English 'keepers make me nervous. The likes of Chris Kirkland, Richard Wright, Scott Carson, Robert Green, Paul Robinson, Steve Simonsen, Ben Foster, John Ruddy all spring to mind.

A relegated 'keeper at a skint club without an senior international cap with 20 odd games in the top flight.

£30m? I hope half of that is based on key success milestones at Everton.

There's safer options out there, Begovic was one, Joe Hart is another.

Not sure what to think...

To be fair i would pick a couple of that list that would improve us.

"Promising" English 'keepers make me nervous. The likes of Chris Kirkland, Richard Wright, Scott Carson, Robert Green, Paul Robinson, Steve Simonsen, Ben Foster, John Ruddy all spring to mind.

A relegated 'keeper at a skint club without an senior international cap with 20 odd games in the top flight.

Leigh Griffiths says otherwise...

Nearly every post on this forum these days is people arguing with He Who Must Not Be Named. Zzzzzzzzzzzz
latest.webp

Not to shift the topic in an entirely different and predictable direction, because of the past 4 years, top class has never heard of us sadly.

Personally i fully support the club in bringing potentially top class in at a young age and developing them from there. Won't always be sucessful but for every time that it does, it will be fantastic as a fan to have that.

So in terms of the thread, if Pickford turns out to be a bit crap a few years down the line the fair enough, we tried and failed. If he turns into a top level keeper by 26 and he is already at the club, then it is a fantastic investment now.

Remember we could sign ronaldo messi pogba and the like this summer and get relegated because they are crap for us

It's not just youngster though - I think we're trying to identify proven Premier League talent who we think can go even further if playing at a higher level.

It won't always pay off - for every Gana there will be a Bolasie for example, but with the goalkeeper position I'm not sure what else people expected. Pickford was always one of the better options.

Joe Hart? Is it Tipsy Tuesday already?

Even if you dont like the other English GKs there's a world full of them out there. They will be better and cheaper than Pickford.

He looks bog standard to me. Made some terrific saves? Yes, well he'd have to once or twice with the number of shots that Sunderland team conceded.

This is a terrible use of cash if true.

I'm standing with Dave on this.

His positional sense is worrying, yes he's an agile keeper and so he should be at 23. But there's much more to being a keeper than producing MOTD saves.

It's a massive outlay for potential and for £30m, even with addons, I'm pretty sure there's better out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back