Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful lot of money for a young keeper, but there's no way any more than £15-20 mill will be paid up front with the rest being instalments/appearances/qualifying for champs league etc.

I don't know a lot about him, he always stood out for sland but I suppose that's because he was always so busy. He's got many years of football ahead of him so this could turn into very good value for money.

What also strikes me (especially if the Klaassen deal goes through) is we're paying money and getting players in early. None of the classic Everton of old eking out every penny possible and negotiating until the 11th hour. We're going in and getting deals done. I like that

Last edited:
Awful lot of money for a young keeper, but there's no way any more than £15-20 mill will be paid up front with the rest being instalments/appearances/qualifying for champs league etc.

I don't know a lot about him, he always stood out for stand but I suppose that's because he was always so busy. He's got many years of football ahead of him so this could turn into very good value for money.

What also strikes me (especially if the Klaassen deal goes through) is we're paying money and getting players in early. None of the classic Everton of old eking out every penny possible and negotiating until the 11th hour. We're going in and getting deals done. I like that

Spot on. Makes the rumours of our opening bid of "LOL wtf is that" money a bit more credible.

"Promising" English 'keepers make me nervous. The likes of Chris Kirkland, Richard Wright, Scott Carson, Robert Green, Paul Robinson, Steve Simonsen, Ben Foster, John Ruddy all spring to mind.

A relegated 'keeper at a skint club without an senior international cap with 20 odd games in the top flight.

£30m? I hope half of that is based on key success milestones at Everton.

There's safer options out there, Begovic was one, Joe Hart is another.

Not sure what to think...
18 with tons of addons apparently.

"Promising" English 'keepers make me nervous. The likes of Chris Kirkland, Richard Wright, Scott Carson, Robert Green, Paul Robinson, Steve Simonsen, Ben Foster, John Ruddy all spring to mind.

A relegated 'keeper at a skint club without an senior international cap with 20 odd games in the top flight.

no one has seen begovic play for over a year, most people wish they hadnt seen hart play for over a year.
plus they're short-term signings

I'm happy with this. It says a lot that we are prepared to spend big on an important position, even though there is some element of risk.

Those that are worried would have been saying the same things if we had been in for De Gea when Utd signed him. That first year he looked lightweight and made no end of mistakes. I'm sure we'd all be pretty happy to have him here now, though...

I'm standing with Dave on this.

His positional sense is worrying, yes he's an agile keeper and so he should be at 23. But there's much more to being a keeper than producing MOTD saves.

It's a massive outlay for potential and for £30m, even with addons, I'm pretty sure there's better out there
I don't think 30 mil bad for a young GK with prem experience, if he's our keeprr for the next 10 years then 3 mil a years not bad. You have to remember you have the English tax of about 10 mil.

About time we went out and brought true potential instead of buying a Stek who's well passed it.

I don't know a lot about him, he always stood out for stand but I suppose that's because he was always so busy. He's got many years of football ahead of him so this could turn into very good value for money.

For the moaners, it does literally say specifically that in the article.

I'm dead happy with this, he was my first choice GK buy, I really rate him. Seems a good kid too.

Personally, I wanted us to show we had the balls to go for Pickford as I do think he has everything to be one of the best mate.

But, I do have my reservations - like you - and that's why I wouldn't have been at all unhappy with someone like Forster coming in.

That being said, if Pickford was the next up and coming German keeper (i.e. Karius last year to the red mob) then would we have all been creaming ourselves over this possible deal? Is there extra scrutiny because he's English, as well as the extra hype?

I'm standing with Dave on this.

His positional sense is worrying, yes he's an agile keeper and so he should be at 23. But there's much more to being a keeper than producing MOTD saves.

It's a massive outlay for potential and for £30m, even with addons, I'm pretty sure there's better out there

Agreed, I'm glad Pickford is more than that.

You only have to compare what people are saying about the young 18 year old Milan keeper and his 'value' to see that this is a great signing for EFC if it comes off. Also if Nev says yes then so do I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back