Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new ITK enters the arena.

He's not the first Juan and he certainly won't be the last Juan to comment on this Mata.

And in the red corner, the challenger weighing 210 pounds....

I've been called some things in my time, but RS? I'll best keep my counsel from now on. I apologise for being optimistic, I apologise for loving this club & coming on here to gauge people's opinions & trying to find 'gossip' in this very exciting pre season. You won't be hearing any more gossip from me. I dont call myself an ITK, I was just passing some info on. If it doesn't come true, I'm not really bothered, im not standing by it 100%. I'm just passing on what I heard. Didn't realise some of you would take offence! Some of you need to get a life. I get called an RS & Hamman gets criticised for saying positive thing about us! What sort of place is this.

Hi mate, the only 2 direct responses I saw to your post were those above, neither of which called you a Kopite or referred to you being a Liverpool fan.

Apologies if I've missed this but can you point out the posts you're referring to?

To be honest the impression I'm getting from the more reliable voices on Twitter, chiming with our own reliable Esk, is that come Thursday or Friday we'll be announcing the double signing of Mata & Witsel (to a red-faced silence of apocalyptic proportions from all the usual Southampton trolls, I might add!).
Its a presser.. but like a double presser ?

Hi mate, the only 2 direct responses I saw to your post were those above, neither of which called you a Kopite or referred to you being a Liverpool fan.

Apologies if I've missed this but can you point to the accusations you have mentioned?
Just to clarify, my 'red' corner thing had nothing to do with anything Kopite. Promise.

I've been called some things in my time, but RS? I'll best keep my counsel from now on. I apologise for being optimistic, I apologise for loving this club & coming on here to gauge people's opinions & trying to find 'gossip' in this very exciting pre season. You won't be hearing any more gossip from me. I dont call myself an ITK, I was just passing some info on. If it doesn't come true, I'm not really bothered, im not standing by it 100%. I'm just passing on what I heard. Didn't realise some of you would take offence! Some of you need to get a life. I get called an RS & Hamman gets criticised for saying positive thing about us! What sort of place is this.

What idiot would call you a RS for confirming the possible transfer of Mata? Put them all on "ignore" mate, and carry on posting!

You can count on one hand the amount of times Mata has burned past a player, but you'd need a supercomputer to count how many times he's done an opponent with superior movement or a well timed pass.

Mata will be top quality for another four years easily. The key is getting him playing in a system where he is comfortable and can replicate his early Chelsea form, as opposed to being a fish out of water under Mourinho and Van Gaal.
I know they aren't alike very much but for me mata can literally be our new pienaar, but x2 better.

Koeman plays 4-3-3 as much as he plays 4-2-3-1 mate.

A player of Mata's quality wouldn't be wasted anywhere in our team (either behind the forward or on a wing), as everything would go through him.

At United he was classed as a luxury player by LVG, so when he was out on the wing he tended to get isolated. Wouldn't be the case here.

Same thing really?

Point is in a midfield 3, you have a creative player, a defensive player and the 'engine' to link it all together.

We have had Barkley, Barry and McCarthy for those roles.

But it seems Koeman would like that to be Mata, ??? and Barkley in those roles.

Where ??? could be Barry, Witsel, Schneiderlin, Besic or McCarthy.

Mate, Stop reading some posters rubbish on here about Valencia being skint, They spent a lot last summer, They can easily afford him

As for the "He lives in the area", I'm sure he wouldn't mind moving to sunny Spain, His birth place

They can't afford to match his wages at United. Not saying we can definitely either, but we stand a better chance.

They may be able to afford his transfer fee, if they sell Gomes, but they don't have any players on anywhere close to what Mata is on.

If two clubs are after a player and one club is from his country of birth + he's played for them in the past then yes I prob would say it about any player

And coincidently when he was at Valencia he played under Koeman and he's now settled in the north west and enjoys his Premier League wages and lifestyle, with lots of his compatriots in the area.

We don't have CL football and Valencia can pay him whatever we offer

Stupid comparison

Valencia don't have any European football and no they can't.

He may well end up there, but he won't be on 150k a week. It seems more likely at this stage that he comes to us though

Trebilcock, If you look back over previous posts you will find the abuse can get infinitely worse.
Don't take it to heart, most of us are delighted to hear snippets of information/gossip about Everton.
Most of us are sensible enough to know that you can only regard something as 100% fact when the player is photographed holding the jersey. We know that deals fall apart and that discussions are held with agents/representatives which may come to something or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back