Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely this would see Ross moved back to a traditional central midfield role. With a whole summer of training, he could learn the basics to develop in that role, for example, tracking back, closing down, interceptions, being strong in the tackle. None of which should be above him with hard work and application, as well as top coaching.

Koeman plays 4-3-3 as much as he plays 4-2-3-1 mate.

A player of Mata's quality wouldn't be wasted anywhere in our team (either behind the forward or on a wing), as everything would go through him.

At United he was classed as a luxury player by LVG, so when he was out on the wing he tended to get isolated. Wouldn't be the case here.

Not only that, he'd be great for at least another four years. He's never relied on pace.
see i was having this discussion with my mate earlier, he was saying he was uncomfortable paying 20m for him plus 100k wages a week because he'd have no sell on value, and that his pace would diminish after a few seasons.

my view is same as yours he has never needed the pace, his eye for a pass, and movement of feet is something he is very gifted at. Didn't he get top assists in england few seasons back?

He still had some of the best goal and assist stats at United despite not really being rated by the fans. If we could get him Deulofeu Barkley and Mirallas all feeding Lukaku the numbers would definitely stack up in an attacking sense for a great season.

people on here are so obsessed with not only our own players failing but our fans and ITKS as well, it becomes a ball of hyper critical energy that become obsessive and rather sad. it's why a lot of people don't post any information on here anymore and when they aren't 100% spot on they are hounded, and even if they get something right they are constantly hounded.

people need to swerve this hyper critical attitude off because it is making the forum not enjoyable.

Not saying there is anything wrong with being critical, constructively but the way this place is going with the constant trolling, constant negativity and other stuff that goes on is a little depressing.

this is meant to be the start of a big era for us, and you'd think everyone would be united and excited but nah there always has to be negatives on here, with everything.
I totally agree. I trust The Esk not only because of his record but because he seems like a level headed, intelligent poster who isn't bothered about one upping people on the internet.

But come on, even if Mata doesn't sign it's nothing to do with The Esk's info. As ITK as I think he is, he doesn't have a telepathic connection to Mata's brain. Nobody is an Everton player until they put pen to paper and they can therefore change their mind up until that point.

I <3 ESK

I've been called some things in my time, but RS? I'll best keep my counsel from now on. I apologise for being optimistic, I apologise for loving this club & coming on here to gauge people's opinions & trying to find 'gossip' in this very exciting pre season. You won't be hearing any more gossip from me. I dont call myself an ITK, I was just passing some info on. If it doesn't come true, I'm not really bothered, im not standing by it 100%. I'm just passing on what I heard. Didn't realise some of you would take offence! Some of you need to get a life. I get called an RS & Hamman gets criticised for saying positive thing about us! What sort of place is this.

see i was having this discussion with my mate earlier, he was saying he was uncomfortable paying 20m for him plus 100k wages a week because he'd have no sell on value, and that his pace would diminish after a few seasons.

my view is same as yours he has never needed the pace, his eye for a pass, and movement of feet is something he is very gifted at. Didn't he get top assists in england few seasons back?

You can count on one hand the amount of times Mata has burned past a player, but you'd need a supercomputer to count how many times he's done an opponent with superior movement or a well timed pass.

Mata will be top quality for another four years easily. The key is getting him playing in a system where he is comfortable and can replicate his early Chelsea form, as opposed to being a fish out of water under Mourinho and Van Gaal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back