Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only me not excited by Mata? He is 28 and has had two average seasons. Wouldnt be happy with spending over £18m for a guy who at best will give us 3 good seasons before leaving for villareal for free. £30m and gods knows what wages... no wayy

I had my tyre slashed in Valencia and as I was changing it, some decrepit person nicked my wallet out of my car.
On the basis of this personal experience, I'd say it'd be very unlikely Mata will be going there.
Im surprised you were not offered a coaching role whilst you were over there..

Thats how Pip got his job.

Honestly not winding him up mate, he says he's getting called a kopite but nobody has called him a kopite that I can see.

Not sure what part of that is a wind up?

Saying it doesn't add up to suggest that whilst beating them lot would be great, we should aim to achieve in other areas, whilst also stating that we can reasonably use them as a benchmark.

They, regrettably, have been the level above us for a few years now, so to finish above them shows a step forward.

I think this is what he meant anyway?

Only time I wouldn't be excited about signing Mata is if we still had Martinez in charge, since he would probably stick him on the wing. Just cause we have money now doesn't mean we're going out and signing players of James Rodriguez's ilk.

Only me not excited by Mata? He is 28 and has had two average seasons. Wouldnt be happy with spending over £18m for a guy who at best will give us 3 good seasons before leaving for villareal for free. £30m and gods knows what wages... no wayy

120k a week mate.

21m transfer fee, 6.2m a year in wages, total deal package 51m.

Hope that makes you fume.

Cos hes an outstanding player and will be worth every single penny.

120k a week mate.

21m transfer fee, 6.2m a year in wages, total deal package 51m.

Hope that makes you fume.

Cos hes an outstanding player and will be worth every single penny.

the way people go on about the money etc, honestly you'd think it was a case of us wasting money for years rather than us counting every bloody penny, i say enjoy the fact for ocne we aren't haggling over 40 or 41k wages a week and where 250k fees sees a deal collapsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back