Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep forget defenders they will never be needed.

sounding familure this LOL

Obviously I didn't mean this. Fand love to see a whole legion of boring defensive midfielders with barely a forward pass between them in a lineup. When the opposite is suggested though, a lineup with lots of playmakers in it they freak out about the defensive implications.

All top teams have top playmakers all over the pitch that's why Stones is valued so highly because at the very top level you need centrebacks who can vary the play. A team of Matas would win far far more than a team of McCarthys.

image.webp

best i can do.

Also mata facts.

1. Bought shares in real oviedo to stop it from collapsing.

2. Regularly scores double figures

3. had 97 career assists by the time he was 24.

4. won champions league, euros, world cup, FA cup, league cup?

Attachments

• download.webp
    download.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Under new ownership we need/want to show that we are operating on a different level than in previous seasons.

Signing players of a higher calibre and at higher prices is one of the first steps in this process. Getting a high profile manager has also helped.
A new stadium in a prestigious part of the City would give the process a huge kick start.

However, we must accept that there are limitations to what can be done at present. There are players that will not come to Everton, we cannot offer CL and our profile is not high enough.

Juan Mata would be a marquee signing for Everton , not for Barcelona or Bayern or Man Utd. He is a good player and will improve our squad and our team. Hopefully , he will be joined at Everton by other good players of a higher profile than we normally sign.
A good premiership season will allow the process to continue but it won't happen overnight.
Leicester have won the league, but they are still seen in a very different light to any of the other title winner in the last ten years.

Man City took a different approach to raising their profile. They spent and wasted vast amounts of money and even though they have had success considering the money spent I think they still under achieve.

Guardiola has been brought in a the final step to raising the club to the top table.

Everton seem to be taking a more measured approach. There are of course ffp limitations as well but the signing of a player of the class of Juan Mata would be of benefit to team and club profile.

best i can do.

Also mata facts.

1. Bought shares in real oviedo to stop it from collapsing.

2. Regularly scores double figures

3. had 97 career assists by the time he was 24.

4. won champions league, euros, world cup, FA cup, league cup?

this is the worst fact list ever, in one of the facts you have put a question mark!

I know you did, I didn't suggest 'world class', and I would absolutely class Juan Mata as a household name, in the UK at least.

I think expectations need to be reigned in a bit here. Yes we have money now, but that doesn't mean we can suddenly go out and get whoever the hell we want, we need to improve on what we've got and start challenge for cups and at the very least for a champions league place for a few years before huge names would even consider us.

In my opinion, since Arteta left, Baines has been our best technical footballer for years. He's got everything and has been consistently one of our better players year on year. I think Mata is technically a more gifted footballer than Baines and he would instantly become our best creative midfielder.

Same with the other name we've been majorly linked with in Witsel, yes he's not the best player out there, but he would instantly become our best central midfielder ahead of McCarthy, Barry and Besic. This is the type of player we need to get in to improve us enough to allow us to get 'bigger and better' names in the future.

It's all about improvement. Mata would improve us

This

We're going to need to be patient

this is the worst fact list ever, in one of the facts you have put a question mark!
Actually think it is a rather good list for our future signing.

Not sure in time frames if he was at chelsea when they last won league cup or not.

Quick google says no but he has a copa del rey to his collection.

Also, he has his own official website! When have we ever had a player who had their own official website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back