Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends.

Koeman sets up in either a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 more often than not, so probably on one of the wings...

I'll stop you there. Not a chance that Koeman fancies Mata as one of the wingers.

Wingers in the PL need pace and to be able to track back when needed. Mata offers neither attribute.

Mata is a 10 - nothing else. And I'd take Barkley as our 10 every day of the week over the overrated Spaniard.

£21 million would be a good deal for Mata (ManU paid £37 million for him in 2014).

Generally I prefer spending money on guys in the 23-26 age range so if we have to sell in 2-3 years, we can get back that money we spent. That being said, Mata is extremely experienced and will have a far greater impact on Everton than a younger guy. After last season, I think we need to make immediate positive changes to this club and Mata is a great step in that direction.

Last edited:
Ok fellas like I said I'll leave it to koeman. He is the one that decides. Just to say again I like Mata but just gave my opinion. After following Everton for over 50 years I'm entitled to my opinion and the same applies to you. Yep transfer money is crazy and the prices quoted for Deeney and Bentake are stupid. Say this again if Mata comes I will back him all the way and hopes he proves his worth.

I'll stop you there. Not a chance that Koeman fancies Mata as one of the wingers.

Wingers in the PL need pace and to be able to track back when needed. Mata offers neither attribute.

Mata is a 10 - nothing else. And I'd take Barkley as our 10 every day of the week over the overrated Spaniard.
Good thing you know exactly what Koeman's thinking mate, good thing you stopped him there and set that straight.

Has Mata really excelled in this league. I like him but just thinks his best days are behind him.. That's my opinion. No sell on sale price either.

35 assists and 17 goals in one season.

At least double figures for goals and assists in every other season.

He's better than any of our current squad.

so guys with Mata as captain next season this is how I see our team for next season

-----------Schmeichal----------

Coleman--Mori--De Vrij----Baines(v)

Deulofeu--Mata(c)--Witsel--Rodriguez

--------Higuain--Lukaku------------

Steklenberg, Jagielka, Besic, Barry, Mirallas, Niasse, Barkley

Good thing you know exactly what Koeman's thinking mate, good thing you stopped him there and set that straight.

Look, if we sign him I'll be singing his name from the terraces.

But come next season, when he isn't tracking back and goes missing for the majority of matches, don't cry about it. And remember my posts!

Payet is 29 and he didn't really come good till a couple of years ago. The best could still be to come with Mata.

no, you're nailing Mata to one position when, in fact, he'll be like Payet is to West Ham.

He is a No.10, but plays out wide as it gives him more space and allows him to roam. He's the key player in the side so it does't matter where he is as he's always involved - just like how Mata will be with us.

At Utd he was treated as a luxury player by LVG which meant the play didn't always go through him, but that won't be the case at Everton.

so guys with Mata as captain next season this is how I see our team for next season

-----------Schmeichal----------

Coleman--Mori--De Vrij----Baines(v)

Deulofeu--Mata(c)--Witsel--Rodriguez

--------Higuain--Lukaku------------

Steklenberg, Jagielka, Besic, Barry, Mirallas, Niasse, Barkley

genuinely some GOT members must have the pyar dealers in their respective areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back